Chapter 7: Alek Russo

I'm following Mae Kazimi.

Yes, you read that right. I'm wasting my fucking time to follow Mae Kazimi on my fucking motorcycle.

I don't trust her, and when she left in a hurry after our argument, I knew something was up.

And I was right.

The moment I had caught Mae, she'd already climbed onto a motorbike after ditching the guards that my father had placed around to watch her. And zoomed off.

And so, I followed her.

Now, I sit on top of my red motorbike, roaring down the streets of New York, hot on Mae's trail. She's flying down the street, running red lights and speeding so fast she's a blur amidst the cars.

That spoiled brat.

I grip the handle of my motorbike tighter and increase my speed, my hair flying wildly in the wind. Thank God for my leather jacket, it's shit cold outside and goosebumps are already appearing on my skin.

BEEP.

Cars honk loudly as I get in their way, trying to keep a distance between myself and Mae so she does not realize she's being followed. But with all this noise, she'll know.

So I take a risk.

I turn left to another street as the darkness finally begins to take over the night. The glowing orb in the sky steals my attention for a second, before the whirring of Mae's motorcycle brings me back to reality.

I can't lose sight of her.

As I get onto the same street as her, she's already gone. But I think I know where she's going.

In this part of New York, there's only one place Mae would have interest in. And that's the Crimson Bar. The home to all sorts of illegal activities. It's the one and only most dangerous bar where crimes and illegal activities thrive.

I'm Alek Russo, the heir to the greatest Italian mafia of all time, they'll have to let me in.

I skid to a stop behind the bar and hide my bike near the dumpsters. I find Mae's already waiting and I purse my lips. I walk to the front as the lights flash and the dancers rage inside, the music blaring down the streets. I run a quick hand through my hair before turning to the guards standing at the entrance.

"Move out of my way," I snap, giving them a look.

Without a word, they step aside.

I can't help but smirk. Power is a funny thing, but I'm glad it's in my hands.

My eyes scan the crowd as bodies move around, jumping to the music. Lights are blaring and the music is bursting my eardrums but despite all the noise, my eye catches a familiar movement from within the crowd.

Mae.

And she's dancing.

I frown, pushing through bodies after bodies, trying to stay hidden within the crowd. I feel hands grabbing me, yelling to dance but my attention is somewhere else.

What is Mae doing here?

And in a blink of an eye, she's gone.

What?

I make my way towards the drinks, my jaw set. Anger is already starting to make my hands twitch and curl into fists. I hate not knowing what is happening. I hate not being able to understand what the hell Mae is doing. What my fathers doing. What both of them really want.