Chapter 35: Mae Kazimi

I wake up to the sun shining straight in my face, blinding me and forcing me to peel my eyes open. I yawn loudly, not bothering to cover my mouth and stretch....and hit something hard.

"Ouch!" Alek yelps, hands going straight to his nose. "What the fuck was that for?"

I blink, eyes widening as wide as saucers and I sit up, "What the hell are you doing in my bed?"

"It's my bed!" he shoots back angrily. "You fell asleep in my bed last night!"

It seems as if drunk Alek is long gone...replaced with the very same one I've been seeing for the past few weeks.

Mortified, I look at the state we're in. Thankfully, all of our clothes are still intact. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he was sleeping right beside me all fucking night.

"This is terrifying," I mutter, dropping my face in my hands. "I can't believe I slept beside my mortal enemy."

"We're not enemies anymore," he reminds me, poking my arm as he lays on his back. "We're besties."

"Are you still drunk?" I snap, turning to him, doing my very best to keep my eyes off his bare chest. "Or are you in a good mood? I can't tell."

He doesn't smile.

What a surprise!!!!

Instead, he rolls his eyes, "I was trying to joke. It didn't work apparently."

"Yeah, no shit," I mutter and climb off his bed. "I hate you for not waking me up and kicking me out of your room, you imbecile."

He gets up, leaning back on his arms, "I'm a gentleman though, and that would have been against my moral code."

"You don't have a moral code, you murderer."

"You have a higher body count than me," he snaps.

I scoff, "That is a lie."

Suddenly he smirks, "You're right. I have a higher body count in both ways. Murder and-"

"Shut up, Alek. It's too early for your bullshit."

I turn around, trying to fix my bed hair and make my way towards his door. Before I can leave, he calls after me.

"Meet me in the kitchen downstairs in thirty minutes. We've got a lot to talk about."

I open the door.

"And stop calling me an imbecile!" He yells after me. "What the hell does that even fucking mean?"

____________________________

I purposely arrive downstairs at the kitchen purposely late. I'm not surprised to find Rashid, Kai and Avery sitting on the counter table across from Lorenzo and Diego, but their loud talking is really making my head hurt.

I'm also not surprised when I see Alek doing all the cooking. It seems like he's the only one who knows how to use a kitchen.

What a surprise.

"Avery," Alek says, handing my sister her egg sandwich. Her eyes glint at the sight of it and she rubs her hands together in delight.

Lorenzo waves at me, "Good morning, Mae."

"Goodmorning," I mutter, settling into a chair beside Avery. "Why the hell are you lot here?"

Rashid raises his eyebrows, "Are you not happy to see us?"