01| WEDDING IN THE HOUSEHOLD.

The clashing of the swords and the grunt of the warriors filled the air of the arena

Aradhya clashed her sword against Vikram's as he efficiently blocked it.

"Wow. You've really grown little brother." Aradhya smirked as she pushed him back and swung her sword at her side.

"I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not," Vikram replied before jumping out of Aradhya's blade's way. He flung his blade at her as she put hers in between Vikram's cutlass and her throat. The force brought her to her knees and Vikram's face lit up.

"I made you kneel." He smiled as Aradhya strained under his gruesome pressure. She rolled her eyes and swept her feet across, toppling Vikram to his back. She stood up swinging her sword at her side again.

"Remind me. What was step one?" Aradhya started while blowing a strand of hair off her face. Vikram tried to stand back up only to find his scruff merely scraping against the edge of Aradhya's sword.

"Never celebrate too early."

Aradhya smiled and forwarded her hand to him, pulling him up on his feet. Vikram dejectedly dusted his clothes.
"I'll get you next time."

"Can't wait for it. But I do have to acknowledge the fact that you...have not improved."

"Please. I know I have improved...have I actually not?"

"I was just messing with you. You have improved quite a bit. So, what are you going to do now?"

The two exited the arena and walked through the hallways of the palace. Through the long hallways towards a dingy part of the palace.

"Will you come to the fair at the kingdom capital?" Vikram asked.

"I don't think I should interrupt your meeting with pretty ladies of the kingdom," Aradhya explained.

"That's not why I'm going. I just want to check the state of the people of the kingdom. I want to know what happens in the kingdom on a normal basis."

"You'll be a great king, Vikram."

"You think so?"

"Don't make me say it again."

Both of them stood before a door in the unkempt part of the palace. Vikram sighed.
"It still infuriates me that you live so far away from us."

"Well, that is what the Maharaj Aagneya wants. I can't possibly say anything to that."

"But still..."

"Please, Vikram. Not every day. You should be going, father will be waiting for you in the courtroom. And do tell me everything that happens at the fair."

"Will do."

Aradhya stepped into her room while the scent of jasmine hit her. Her mediocre room with a mattress, a huge bookshelf and a window sill was now pleasantly draped in the sweetness of jasmine and rose. Aradhya's eyes shot towards an elevated platform on which a considerably huge idol of Krishna resided and a woman seemingly in her fifties sat stringing flowers into a garland. Aradhya smiled and dropped her sword.