02| CHANGE OF PLANS

The kingdom rejoiced at the notice of a wedding in the kingdom. Wedding of their beloved princess. Wedding of their beloved princess. The roads were adorned with flowers and the sweet stalls were fragrant with the smell of every variety of sweet.

Some sat talking under trees. Talking about the wedding and to be completely honest it is a common thing to gossip about royal families.

The man with his moustache spoke, "Did you hear about the king's another daughter?"

A man dressed in strict whites started, "Yes, people say it is because of her that our kingdom is suffering. Disgraceful concubine's daughter."

Though hearing the men speak illy about someone, the women hearing it stood quiet. They grumbled at their words but failed to speak out to them.

The moustached man started again, "glory to the Gods, that woman isn't the one getting married. Her presence is like a black cat cutting your way. Something bad is bound to happen."

Aradhya pulled her shawl over her head closely, nervousness spreading through her at the words of the men. She sniffled. Every other incident every little incident was talked on about how Aradhya isn't involved in it. How Aradhya is not the one doing good to the kingdom.

Aradhya shook her head violently and walked, her pace fast hut planned.
"Don't heed them Aradhya. Just go to the temple, and go back to your room."

And somehow, her mind accepted it. She really didn't heed them. Because her mind was pacing around the fact that Tamasvini was being wed to Amar.
. . . .

The charioteer slowed down the chariot in the streets as people showered flowers on the now arrived, prince, Rajkumar Amar and his father, the king of the Dharini kingdom. The throng beamed at the king and prince. They offered gifts and wishes.

Amar spoke with his raspy yet high voice, "Thank you all for your kindness. I hope you are happier every time I come around."

The charioteer sped the wheels of the chariot faster, steering the royalty away from the crowd.
The palace of Shiladhika had somehow always been Amar's favourite place. Simplicity and expertise as he called it. The king walked ahead to meet Aagneya, smiling at him with open arms. The kings embraced each other while Amar took blessings from the queens.

"Hope you had a beautiful journey," Aagneya stated as Amar almost glared at his happy face. Amar knew of Aagneya's deeds. He partially hated him for that.

"It was, indeed a beautiful journey, Maharaj. Would you please guide us to our chambers so that we could rest a while before meeting the princess?" The king of the Dharini kingdom uttered. Aagneya nodded and called for the servants.

"Father. I...will...go around the kingdom for a while. With Rajkumar Vikram." Amar said and Vikram shot him a dismayed look from behind Aagneya. He rolled his eyes and stepped forward.

"Fine, I'll take him around. You can rest Maharaj." Vikram said and walked at a surreal pace while Amar barely kept up with him.

Reaching a far end of the palace entrance, Vikram turned to Amar and squinted his eyes.

"What?" Amar asked.

"Can you not be so obvious that you are obvious that you know that Aradhya isn't in the palace."

"I know. It's Friday today, there's not a single chance she's going to skip the temple."

"You know what...I like you. You seem to know about her...schedule."

"Come on, Vikram. Please. Take me to her."

"She can't meet you like that. The prince of Dharini kingdom and a woman looking merely like a peasant, that could be bad."