17| DRUNK MIND SPEAKS SOBER THOUGHTS.

Aradhya wandered in the hallways of the palace, utter embarrassment on her face. She had walked out of the room after Vihaan had chosen to not even acknowledge what she said. And somehow she was grateful that he didn't believe it.

She facepalmed herself. "What is wrong with you, Aradhya? Where did that even come from?" She asked herself and sighed

And as she did walk aimlessly she regretted her decision of walking out of the room. She saw Tamasvini walking at her with the same eyes do the devil she knew.

"Hey, Aradhya." She said timidly. Almost seeming innocent. Aradhya raised her brow at her.

"What?" Aradhya retorted.

"Why are you so rude? I was just coming to talk to you."

"There is nothing to talk about. Just go away."

"I'm sorry. I know we don't have the best relationship but I'd like to change that."

"Don't," Aradhya hesitated, "don't pretend to change, Tamasvini. I know for a fact you are here with a plan of your own. Just stay away from me."

"Aradhya!" A strong voice commanded. Aradhya turned around to see Rajmata standing there with a furious look on her face. She walked up to Aradhya and stood with a powerful commanding pose.

"Is that how you treat your sister?"

Aradhya tried to explain but there was no explanation for what Rajmata had witnessed but Aradhya being cold to Tamasvini. Aradhya couldn't just tell her whole past to her.

"No, Ma, I...just..."

"I don't care whatever history you two have. You should be more considerate towards her."

"Yes, Ma I understand but I know her better than you do. I know how evil she was, is and will be."

Rajmata was startled at her response. She glared holes through Aradhya.

"People change, Aradhya. You were just as worse when you were first here weren't you? You tried to kill Vihaan. I can deem you just as bad too."

Aradhya held back her feelings. She had now already ruined her image before Rajmata and she knew that if she spoke more she would become the bad one in her eyes.

.   .   .   .

"She couldn't have possibly said that as a joke Vihaan. Oh my God. How are you so foolish?" Rihit set his cup down while Vihaan downed the entire chalice of his drink.

"This is too much right now. I can't think about all this. I can't think about the sister of the woman who I married today telling me that she likes me."

"Why not? You should be more than happy about that. You'll never find one like her again. Ever."

"I king should not love," Vihaan said, almost a sting in his words even though his mind was drunk. "It makes you weak. Love makes fools of us all. It's not worth the risk."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, I am. I want to love. But that isn't going to be possible. I am a king. I gave myself to this kingdom before her. I am this kingdom's person before hers. Love makes fools of us all, Rihit."

Rihit smiled to himself. He thought, "A drunk mind really does speak sober thoughts."

"You know, Vihaan? it sometimes feels good to be fooled."

"Even if it feels good it doesn't do good Rihit. Don't think of ever saying that again," Vihaan took a deep breath, "as much as I want to understand what I feel or what she feels, I think it's better for me to just not ever acknowledge whatever is between us."