03| THE KINGDOM

The shrills of Tamasvini resounded through her room. Through and piercing the ears of Chaya. Chaya looked a bit disturbed too but her annoyance was nowhere near as annoying as Tamasvini's breakdown.

"This can't happen, Ma. Why does that peasant get Amar?" Tamasvini flung her hands bringing her things crashing from her dresser.

"Calm down. Tamasvini. This marriage won't be happening." Chaya said waiting eagerly for someone to walk through the door.

"What do you mean, Ma. Father already gave his approval to save his reputation."
"You know, he has fears too, that which make him tremble."
"Please, Ma. I don't want another puzzle from you. Just tell me what you're up to."

Just as the words left Tamasvini's lips, a hefty man, dressed in black with his eyes thickly coated with kohl, showed up at the door. He bowed to the queen.

"Remember if you fail in this, I'll destroy you." Chaya spoke, her words clearly speaking of threat. The man's smirk was observed even through his mask.

"I won't let it happen, Maharani." He said as he forwarded his hands. Tamasvini looked at the whole scene with evident unrest. Chaya reached behind the folds of her silk and dropped a bag of gold at the man's hands. The man threw the bag up and down, guessing its price.

"It's enough to feed your entire crew for a whole year. Now, do you remember? Attack that kingdom. Attack Ashokdhar."

🗡