19| THE PROMISE

"You can at least try to speak things out with her," Rihit suggested as he blocked Vihaan's sword.

Vihaan was panting with sweat forming on his face. He glared at him. He stepped aside and swung his blade again which Rihit, again, blocked.

"You seem to be on her side more than on mine. What's the matter? Traitor." Vihaan replied as they went on with a series of attacks and parries.

"Well..." Rihit hesitated to answer.

Vihaan didn't know what he should have understood at that moment. What he should do. He had to choose between his mother and Aradhya. And the rumours of Aradhya were also getting to him. Moreover, Aradhya speaking back to Rajmata was concerning.

Both Vihaan and Rihit ended their session of duelling. Vihaan wasn't done yet but Rihit was overly exhausted. Staying watch on the borders of the kingdom in the middle of the night was getting to him.

Both of them were distracted by the footsteps walking into the arena. Aradhya stood there with a calm face. A peace-filled composure. Vihaan rolled his eyes and stretched his arms to his side letting out a grunt.

"I want to talk to you, Vihaan," Aradhya spoke to which she didn't get a reply back. Vihaan evidently was ignoring her.

"I am serious about this. I want to clear out every tiff between us. And I won't be able to do that if you ignore me."

Rihit stood up and walked over to her. He put the sword in her hand and pushed her to the arena.

"The only way he's going to listen to you is if you defeat him in a duel," Rihit stated.

"What?..." Aradhya raised her brow.

"Yes, that is the only way he goes for. I have gone through it too." Rihit smiled almost teasingly and pushed her further into the arena where Vihaan admired his sword not heeding Aradhya.

A mild smirk spread on Aradhya's face. She flipped the sword in her hand and pushed the veil off of her head and into a cast for her hair.

"Well, okay. If I lose you don't have to talk to me, if you lose then you'll at least listen to what I have to say. After that speaking, or not is up to you."

Vihaan cocked his brow and nodded. He just saw that as an opportunity to practise more.

"Bad move, Vihaan. You better prepare yourself." Rihit hyped the match up from the sidelines. Vihaan scowled at him again.

Vihaan met Aradhya's eyes and was almost intimidated by the amount of confidence she held. He gripped his sword tighter and stood up straight. He immediately noticed both of them were the ones who chose defence as the first choice. He knew Aradhya wouldn't attack.

He raised his sword and pulled for an attack, making it easy on her but he was in for a bit of a surprise. As he forwarded to attack, Aradhya smirked at him and attacked back. Vihaan was taken aback. He turned around and swung his sword at her as Aradhya pushed it back with little to no strength.

Aradhya dramatically swung her sword by her side. Vihaan again attacked. Aradhya put her sword against his and leaned in pushing him back a couple of feet.

"My turn."

Aradhya stood her ground and jumped up raining attacks on Vihaan with her secondary strength. Vihaan found it more than difficult to block or even parry her attacks. He dodged out of the way but barely.

The power and enthusiasm that Aradhya showed made her more attractive. Vihaan noticed Aradhya always going for an upward swing of her sword. Vihaan noticed his opening.