27| AREN'T HIS QUEEN ANYMORE

"We need one last blow at Vihaan to weaken him. It has to be of Aradhya. I do not know how long we'll have to wait. it may take months, years or even decades." Amar spoke to Chaya and Aagneya. 

"Why not just now?" Aagneya asked Amar who just nodded his head in denial. 

"He is strong now. Hate is a strong fuel. We were late. We were supposed to never let Aradhya and him get that close. He is lying to himself saying he hates Aradhya. Because if he accepts that he still loves her with all his heart, he will surely become weak." 

.   .   .   .

Aradhya sat with a group of women who worked on their produce. Aradhya silently guided them while Chavi slept on her lap in peace. Aradhya turned her head to look out at the vast spread empire of Ashokdhar. The cliff of woods did give a pretty clear view of the kingdom. Aradhya wondered if her departure made any effect on the king. 

She wondered if Vihaan was heartbroken over her just like she was over him. Emotions of rage, sorrow and denial all flowed through her. Times when Vihaan had shown her his love. Times when he tended to her wounds, times when he comforted her, and times, when he spoke to her about her troubles all, came back to her. His gentle hugs, forehead kisses and just simple touch were important to her. She wondered if it all meant something to him. 

She heard an older woman speak, "Still sulking over him?"

"I can't ever stop thinking about this kingdom. Even if all of them hate me." Aradhya replied as if in a whisper.

"Silly girl, can't you see? This is his kingdom and you aren't his queen anymore."

"When was I ever?"

.   .   .   .

Nandini laid a hand on Vihaan's forehead, checking his temperature. She sighed and put a soaked cloth on his forehead. Vihaan lay on his bed with his body almost burning. She was about to leave when Vihaan asked her to stay. 

"You really should not be drinking while you are sick. It will just worsen your health." Nandini said. No matter how much she tried to avoid him, he was her brother, she couldn't just let him deal with all his struggles on his own. 

"Why would she do that?" Vihaan spoke.

"What?"

"Aradhya...how could she just move on like that? How can she just let go of me?"

"Ask that to yourself. She trusted you. She loved you and you cast her out without believing her. You didn't even ask her for her explanation."

"I am a king, Nandini. Even if I wanted her to stay, I couldn't do that. If I didn't punish her, people would say that I am unfit to rule. The punishment for anyone who violates the royal family is death, and execution. But I cast her out because I cannot see her die. I cannot lose her."

"Then why did you say that you hated her? That you no longer needed her?"

"That was the only way I can control myself. The only way to escape the sorrow I was feeling. I shouldn't get weak as a king. I was bound to hold up my stature."

🗡️

Hello. This is just a filler coming in. A longer version will be updated by 2 AM.

Drop a vote. It supports me a lot. And if you have anything to say the comments are always open.

Until next time.
With love
❤️