24| I'LL FIND A WAY

Aradhya was brought into the courtroom the same way she was brought into Ashokdhar for the first time

Aradhya was brought into the courtroom the same way she was brought into Ashokdhar for the first time. Huge shackles were strung around her and a couple of wardens were at her side. Aradhya's hands were stained with blood.

Everyone in the courtroom was ready to jump on Aradhya. To end her. Tamasvini stood with a fake frightened facade on her face which seemed way too believable for everyone. For Aradhya too. Nandini, though she wanted to stand by Aradhya, she was bound under the royal cuffs. Nandini evidently saw through Tamasvini's lie but she had not a single proof to prove that Aradhya was innocent.

Aradhya's gaze never left Vihaan's as he sat on his throne with fire in his eyes. What he saw could no way justify Aradhya as innocent. Especially when Tamasvini had played the victim. Vihaan's face was in the biggest most dangerous frown Aradhya had ever seen. It almost sent shivers down her spine.

Aradhya was now more furious too. Yes, she didn't -or perhaps couldn't- prove herself as innocent. She too held Vihaan's gaze like the ocean holds the lighting.

" -I trust you- all lies..." Aradhya thought, "-I love you- lie."

Almost everything, every fond thing Vihaan had said to her ran along with her mind. Everything that went to hell the second Vihaan believed Aradhya was a murderer. Aradhya had begged him to believe that she was not the one who killed Rajmata. She had wept for him to believe her but all that the scene held before her was false, guilty and fault.

"She was my mother...how could you?" Vihaan stepped down from his throne. He stood before Aradhya whose eyes were puffed and her nose and face had gone red. Aradhya started at Vihaan.

"I...I knew your relationship with her was not good but I never imagined you to go after her and murder her." Vihaan bellowed and for the first time in months he didn't calm down when he saw Aradhya flinch. His tone was loud and clear.

"What were you saying? I'm in this with you. We'll get through this together? To hell with your words, Aradhya. Did you at least think of me or anyone in this kingdom before beheading her?" Vihaan's eyes glistened as tears flowed down his face.

Aradhya, though angry, wanted to comfort Vihaan. It had only been a couple of months after Vihaan had gotten over Sadhana's death and as if as a refill, Rajmata too had to fall. Aradhya held herself from seeming weak. Her mind was more fixated on the fact that it took Vihaan seconds to abandon her after she stayed with him through his hard times. It was only a matter of a few moments.

"Who brought you to the armoury?" Aradhya dared to ask. Vihaan and almost everyone in the room shot daggers at her. Aradhya still stood confidently.

"Tamasvini did. Whatever you said about her might be true but she actually changed. She had changed long ago. At least she was not like you. She was not a trick. She wasn't a snake-like you." Vihaan went off.

Aradhya felt nausea rising in her throat. She tried and tried her best to keep it in. She met Nandini's gaze who seemed more concerned about her sickness than about her mother. Sure she was overly devastated by her mother's death but she knew now that everything was falling apart. She knew that everything had to be under her control now. She had to do something.