Their First Night

Light Yagami, an esteemed son with exceptional talents, extraordinary charm, and a face carved by angels. All of which had faired him very well when wriggling out of his prior difficulties. As Godlike as his attributes were - unfortunately for him, he was still stuck to the confines of a very human body, with very human wrists. Therefore handcuffs, were one hurdle where his wriggling abilities faltered.

Usually, Light Yagami would be able to lubricate his way from said handcuffs by swooning the person with the key...But the key holder in question was the least '𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒘𝒐𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒅' person Light had ever encountered. He was L. He was the worst. It could be assumed that the determination behind keeping Light constantly at the other end of a chain, L could've even enjoyed such a hindrance to himself? (Though Light did indeed have the short end of the stick, he himself, was a delight to have in the company of others) L on the other hand...was quite the opposite. He was accusatory and inappropriate - Light wanted nothing to do with the man child.

*𝑻𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒂𝒑*

Light tossed in his bed

*𝑻𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒂𝒑*

He groaned in annoyance, eyelids fluttering open at the disturbance

*𝑻𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒂𝒑*

"RYUZAKI"

L turned inquisitively in his swivel chair toward the boy, curiously tilting his head - the usual finger on his lips.

"Light-kun? You seem distressed?"

Light rubbed the bridge of his nose and tried to compose himself from the sudden outburst.

"L...it's 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈, let me get some sleep and I'll be all the better at helping you finish what you're working on twice as fast tomorrow"

"Interesting...are you trying to stall me from making my own progress on the Kira case? Perhaps working 'with' me can give you a better opportunity to view my research and adjust your plans accordingly....Kira"

Light knew L was childish, and loved to see him wound up. Although this conversation would usually end in one of their usual debates, Light concluded his best work would be produced by having a satisfactory amount of sleep - ignoring L was the best option for this situation. It was their first night together away from the hotel, in the quarters Ryuzaki had prepared. For some reason, perhaps because the detective had the boy all to himself, he thought it was an invitation to misbehave more than usual....so this night was particularly insufferable. If they were going to get ANYWHERE, L was going to have to learn that it was Light who was in control - key holder to the handcuffs or not.
He gave a smug smile...

"I'm not engaging in your pettiness tonight L. You either want me on this investigation or not."

Light showed L the rejection of his back, as the boy adjusted in his bed, shutting eyes tight, expecting to hear the intrusive noise of keyboard tapping.....

...silence?
Light wasn't often nervous, he wasn't nervous. But when children are quiet suddenly, following a racket, it's never good news. This was so ironic, Watari could at least be 𝒑𝒂𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 Light to babysit the older man. He gave an inward sigh, brushing off slight apprehension - L was as intimidating as a slice of soggy bread, equally as off putting might he add.