Chasing A Non-Existent Future

"Oh my god it's just a STORY L??? I should've known you'd be asking too many questions..."

The detective was obsessed, Light was foolish to let himself jabber senselessly on with the prattlings of his imagination. L would never shut up about it now. It was a jumble of romantic ideas placed in sequential coherence, did he have to over analyse absolutely everything?

"Stories don't manifest themselves from nothing, there is always inspiration"

Light turned to face L in their bed, the deep inhale that prepared his exasperated sigh detected the scent of the pair's freshly showered, towel dried skin from their dampening rooftop excursion. The endearing vanilla smell couldn't leave the boy mad for long. It drew him in closer at the prospect of intensifying the sweet aroma of L's body.
Light shuffled under the covers, until their noses almost touched, until he could easily place a hand on the slender hip of his lover, repeatedly stroking a thumb across the soft incline of the detective's waist.

"You're so annoying"

L's quaint smile wasn't visible at this close distance, but the softening of wide, innocent eyes, made Light aware it was there. He was just a curious, pestering child. One that would never give in with his tireless string of questions, until the young man decided to engage in the quiz.
L liked it when the muscularity in Light's arms, became to an increasing extent, more visible at the different manoeuvres of his body. So, the boy casually bent his right arm to position an elbow that dented the pillow resting his head; enlarging the prominence of toned lines on tanned skin, tousling pretty hair between gaps in tanned fingers. Posing in confidence because what he was about to emotionally expose, would be vulnerable, so an air of elegant nonchalance was required.

"So...what is it you want to know?"

L didn't fully mirror Light's stance, but he did reorganise his body's position similarly. Not elevating his head to rest on a palm, but moving to awkwardly utilise his upper arm as a pillow. Long slender fingers on the hand of the angled limb, arched over his head to fidget themselves around sections of dark locks in contemplation. He was so fortuitously sophisticated. Light was selfishly relieved over his friend's affinity for isolation that had lasted his entire lifetime. It meant no one else was exposed to the detective's beddable allure, so as to steal him away from Light's clutches. If only time was lenient to the progression of affectionate relations. Then Light could permanently disregard the key to their chain - no choice but to stay in this bed forever. Whether L liked it or not.

"I suppose I want to know...everything"

The young man leaned down so lips grazed the tickling hairs in dishevelment over the detective's right ear.

"I enjoy...𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒔"

Light's soft hand moved from the detective's hipbone, caressing up the centre of a slim back, to play curious digits in gentle swirls on pronounced scapula. The thin layer of flesh protecting the skeleton underneath, was so smooth; so perfectly compatible with the soft velvet of Light's delicate fingertips, it almost felt like touching nothing. Warm air, perhaps down-cluster. It was also sensitive, at the accidental graze of fingernails, L's muscles trembled in reaction. But Light didn't dare tighten his grip, pull him close in passion, just yet. The body had been cold, soaked to the bone, sad and in agony. It was time the harsh weather ceased to destroy the detective's contentment. He needed time to recover, prosper and bloom behind the protection of Light's sheltering torso. The only disturbance the boy gave was his sweet-tempered, meandering caress. One to gently quiver dainty white petals in a temperate summer breeze.

"In that case...how did you know my favourite book?"

Light chuckled quietly, smug smile hovering over L's face to dance his gaze left and right, in decision of which dark eye to linger on.