Two Shirts On A Chain

'Never mind.
No shame at all.
Absolutely none.'

..Light thought as him and this strange creature of the night undressed from their nighttime attire. The chain becoming an odd washing line of their respective shirts, unable to release the handcuff from his wrist until they were done. It turns out L was just as inquisitive while Light was getting naked than at any other moment of the day....because 𝒐𝒇 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆. The boy didn't know what he expected, Ryuzaki had no respect for personal privacy - not that Light had anything to hide, people were constantly admiring him, he was used to it. The immature part of Light's brain hoped that L was studying him in an unspoken challenge to find a single flaw on the boy. A pointless endeavour - which had Light sniggering to himself.

"I'm glad Light-kun is laughing, I hope I didn't embarrass him too much earlier"

As confident as Light was, that statement still felt out of place in a situation...such as this one.

"I can't recall the situation you're referring to, nor am I actively thinking upon it. Though I do think it's endearing 𝒚𝒐𝒖 are"

Light turned back to hide his knowing smile, well aware it was the perfect amount of patronising to combat L's previous statement.

"Well...is this not what friends do Light-kun?"

"....what? Undress in front of each other? I believe that's only you and I Ryuzaki"

L started laughing, of course, in the form of a small smirk, joining the up and down of shoulders in amusement, than 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒍 audible laughter. But it was unusual nonetheless, a feeling of uncanny valley Light was not comfortable with. It wasn't L, so he just stared, wondering on the authenticity of the action, rather than properly comprehending it's justification.

"No Light-kun, 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓, including their embarrassment"

Well if L really cared about 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕, he wouldn't be forcing Light into these disagreeable positions.

"Well perhaps, why? Have you made a friend and want some advice on social normalities?"

Light brushed off his mistake - well, he didn't make 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔, just came to the most logical conclusion based on the information presented. It was L who should've been more apparent.

The boy was finished dressing, so held his wrist to L, who unlocked the handcuffs briskly so they could finish putting their fresh shirts on. Light intended to clear his name soon so situations such as 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 could be avoided altogether.

Unbeknownst to the boy however, the detective was pondering on why Kira got to him so (despite the fact Kira was Kira of course).