Three Bruises

"𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝑳𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒀𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒎𝒊....𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝑴𝒀 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒚. 𝑯𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆...𝑲𝑰𝑹𝑨. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆"...

Shivers. Shivers sent by the dangerously soft breath expelled by L's controlling words. Shivers that overcame Light's entire body as they destructively weakened Light's frame in L's hold. Shivers that forcefully compelled Light to do something horrifically terrible. All at once, the younger man lunged toward L, desperately flinging his arms around the detective's neck to pull them both rather inharmoniously to the ground. Light's back collided with the window behind them as they slumped to the floor.

"Light-kun?"

L looked up at the boy who had unexpectedly caused their ungraceful decent. Though...the detective first had to release his head from the confines of Light's shoulder, which upon falling, L had submerged his face into...amongst all that pretty hair. A position he wouldn't have minded, if it weren't for the window that L had to peel his flattened face uncomfortably away from - it's lucky the boy hadn't broken the detective's nose! An action that could've affected L's ability to notice how the crook of Light's neck smelled appetisingly of bergamot.

"Light-kun? What was that for....?"

To L's saddening surprise, when he moved to meet his friends' scrutiny again, the Kira suspect had turned away from him. Light hung his head, enchanting umber eyes following suit to fix their stare seemingly to Light's own lap. This was anomalous of the younger man's behaviour to say the least. The only time Light would 𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑹 steep to lower that powerful glare, was to utilise it through 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 of relentless studying, and of course the Kira case. Why did he lower it now? L felt the arms round his neck tense, sweaty palms relocating to the detective's shoulders - what was going on?

"Light-kun answer me...you almost broke my face"

L sighed in mild relief as he saw a familiar entertained smirk disperse warmth back into Light's momentarily dulled features.

"Maybe that's what I was trying to do"

The boy finally looked up. It was L's turn to tremble inexplicably.

"If Light-kun wanted a hug...he could've just said so"

L tested, curious to how the boy would react, the motive behind such an abrupt gesture still unbeknownst to the detective. Perhaps this was Kira's final do-or-die attempt to 𝑨𝑪𝑻𝑼𝑨𝑳𝑳𝒀 dispose of them both out the window for good. What a romantic notion. The two opposing figureheads of the Kira case meeting their fate 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓. If this really 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 the state of affairs, then perhaps Light wasn't so straight-thinking as L had presumed. Surely the 𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 Yagami boy would be aware of L's fortification of this place. It was designed to keep Kira, and his investigation, in; the rest of the world, 𝒐𝒖𝒕. Long story short, to break a window you'd need 𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒕 more than two men (even if said men were rather exceptional).

"You really are a pain you know....here, lemme see"

Light lifted an arm to inspect L's face for injuries, grabbing the detective's cheeks with his right hand as he had harshly done before. L's head was forcefully turned this way and that, analysed by a younger, inquisitive eye. Was this Kira's way of caring? It was actually rather endearing to see his suspect in such deep concentration over the detective's well-being. L was unsure as to whether he'd experienced something like this before.