Only Light Yagami

L's composure whilst blatantly insulting Light was really starting to piss the boy off. Who the hell did this gangly lunatic think he was?! There is only one stubborn asshole in the room and it wasn't about to be L - he'd teach the man a lesson. It wasn't often that Light Yagami acted on violent urges, but the detective made him so blind with rage in this instant, it seemed like the only action to take that moment was to spring toward L in full force, grab his wrists emphatically to press the older man hard into the glass of their room's large, singular window. Light had L's arms bent awkwardly, the detective's hands pinned directly either side of his head; the expanse of a vibrant city illuminating the night sky behind him, contrasting the detective's gloomy disposition and casting an elongated L shaped shadow to encompass the younger man. The lack of surprise present in L's dark, vacant stare, at Light's sudden outburst only angered the boy more, making him squeeze the sable-haired wisp's attenuated little wrists with less mercy in retaliation.  It wasn't often the boys' eyes were precisely level with each other - but since L's entire frame was completely flattened between Light and the window, his posture dramatically improved. Now the detective was exactly his suspect's height, their perfectly matched glares were the result. L's powerful outstare juxtaposed his body's current vulnerability, his ruthless endurance causing the blazing fire behind Light's eyes to increase in ferocity. Inches from the detective's face, Light hissed bitterly, drenching his voice with as much loathing as he could muster....

"I 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆 you"

Light let the spiteful remark linger in the air. It smelled like heat and perspiration and rage. But it wasn't enough.

"I 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆 you"

Again.

"I 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆 you"

Again.

"I 𝑯𝑨𝑻𝑬 you...with every cell in my body that vibrates with detestation, each time I must be subjected to the sight of your many malformations...you 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒔𝒆 me"

The surprising sensation of slight panic surged through Light at the harshness of his words. It numbed his skin and weighed down his chest. A rare, unwelcome, and quickly refuted feeling that Light did NOT feel. Overly cruel or not, Light wasn't one for backing down in this type of situation. 𝑬𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 if the other individual was being more than unpleasant to deal with. His reaction was warranted considering the hell of accusations, captivity and beleaguering the detective had put him through since he'd known him. Whether friends or rivals, L's behaviour was inequitable, so what did he expect? Light to just sit there and take it like an obedient child? He was a 𝒉𝒚𝒑𝒐𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆. Light-kun can't do 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔. Light-kun can't do 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕. But L can, L can do whatever he likes because he's the 'greatest detective' and the whole world must bow to his every whim. Each small thing the detective had done was just intensified by living with the man. Weeks bubbled up into this predictable loss of patience which had only taken a day. How on earth were they supposed to work together after this? Was Light being appropriate right now? 𝑨𝒑𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒆? L was the least '𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒆' boundary respecting person on planet earth - Light would NOT under 𝑨𝑵𝒀 circumstance let himself feel the slightest bit bad about what he was doing. If L loved invading personal space so much, Light hoped L savoured the unpalatable taste of his own medicine. The question wasn't '𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒐𝒏 𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔?' But instead: 'How on earth are they supposed to 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 working like 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔? Without 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 current intervention?' Any doubt existing in Light's mind surrounding his severe words toward the detective was rinsed away by the flood of confidence the boy chose to release into his bloodstream, a countermeasure to wash away the small but discomforting sting of regret. Light was an immovable object when it came to maintaining his dignity, he wouldn't indulge the detective. Not this time. It wasn't childish, it was obligatory if L wasn't going to listen to reason and act compromisingly. If L understood Light as much as he claimed, he'd see that his supposed '𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅' was acting like this as a last resort. L was a pain in the ass, and right now, the younger man really 𝒅𝒊𝒅 hate him. He meant every vicious word that came out his mouth.

Surprisingly...L just smirked. Was he 𝒎𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒊𝒎??? The 𝑩𝑨𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑹𝑫?! This was serio-

"AH!"

Light let out quite the embarrassing sound as his thoughts were interrupted by L's unexpected, swift movement of twisting a lissom leg round Light's, attaching himself to switch their positions and pin the boy up against the window with his hands pressed into Light's shoulders to hold him back while he squirmed. L was correct when he commented on his unlikely strength despite his looks. Light had to admit, L's physique under those baggy clothes had been surprising too. Urgh...𝒉𝒐𝒘 was it that the affable enemies would, every time, end up in the predicament of one immobilising the other against some thing or another? Now Light was casting the shadow upon his captor. He could see his own disheveled reflection in the black waters of those deep pools otherwise known as L's pupils. Light's gaze danced to and fro between each of the detective's eyeballs in an attempt to peruse the unpredictable man's next move.

L only absorbed the image of the roughened boy under his palms, against the stunning backdrop of Tokyo's many lights. Anyone else's aura would no doubt be outshined by the city's superlative neon radiance. But 𝑳𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 outshined it all. Even in the darkness of their room, his intensity rivalled that of an illuminating skyline. Seeing both sights before him, the detective could now evidently confirm how unparalleled Light's charm was. The passionate hatred in his glare only strengthening the magnetising force that compelled L dangerously close to his suspect. Why did Light enthral him so? The detective realised the view before him perfectly represented the Kira investigation in its entirety. L had come here for Japan, the expanse of the country's glittering metropolis filling up his entire field of vision. L had come here for the people, an entire population so threatened by the fear of death at the hands of god, it had terrorised them into submission. L had come here for 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒆...but now, justice was pinning a man up against a window for acting like a brat. Justice was teasing a man in playful retaliation to a discourteous remark. Justice was forcing a man away from his father and friends to solve cases with him all day so they could spend more time alone....Light was the only thing L could see as he faced the window now. And he shadowed the detective's black eyes from reason. L did not have Light's eyes, eyes that could smoulder through dense tenebrosity with their shining ardour. L's eyes, integrated effectively with the darkness. The two merged together as if L belonged there...he probably did. Light belonged with the sun, L in its shadow - much like their current bearings now. Light had blocked out L's visibility of all the buildings that housed people who were afraid, the tiny people who walked the streets past headquarters who were afraid, the skyscrapers, streetlights, billboards, cars, trains, busses, crosswalks, signs, shops, trees, parks, 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈...and justice. Now, the only thing in L's field of vision was Light Yagami. Now, the population of people L sought to protect, consisted only of Light Yagami. It was just now that L realised what he had inadvertently done. In making his life revolve around Kira, Kira had become his dependency. 𝑳𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 had become his dependency. Was it true? Was it true that the boy hated him?....𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒃𝒂𝒅.

L finally moved from his uncompromising position over his trapped counterpart. Leaning his face to the boy's ear to unnerve him.

"That's too bad Light Yagami....because you're in 𝒎𝒚 authority. Hate me all you like....𝑲𝒊𝒓𝒂. But you're not going anywhere"