A Distracting Predicament

L and Light sat adjacent at the familiar long strip of green desk that held the weight of the long list of dead names through blaring computer screens, that the men would peruse everyday. L indulged in the classic strawberry cake he couldn't be seen without, next to the pretty boy he couldn't be seen without. Light, just glanced in his peripheral, he'd been ignoring the detective's gaze all morning. Not out of embarrassment, but he didn't want any unwelcome, indecent images to plague his thoughts when he 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 be focusing. What he couldn't ignore however, was when L would try to engage him, Light should respond, it would seem suspicious to the rest of the task force if he ignored the detective. Especially after his father pulled them both aside earlier to exclaim he was in good spirits that the two men were 'back to getting along well'. Light knew L shared his train of thought - 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍. Little did he know the detective's hands had been all over his son that very day, that Light relished every second, that it would no doubt happen again. He'd be distraught.

L wanted to bend the boy over his knee and show Soichiro the claiming marks he'd left up the expanse of Light's bare back....but he didn't, for obvious reasons. The thought excited him nonetheless.

Was Light despicable for letting himself be distracted in the process of bringing Kira to 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒆? Everything he and L did together...was out of work hours - so 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒔....no Light it was 𝑵𝑶𝑻 okay, and you 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 make excuses for it!!

"Does Light-kun want some?"

L prodded a loaded spoon into the side of Light's arm.

"What? No."

Light grimaced, his mouth turning up in disgust under his palm from the hand that rested his stern face. L was relentless, the boy's rejection only fuelling the quickening pace of his jabs into the fabric of Light's expensive-looking sleeve.

"Ryuzaki....𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉"

The angered boy mumbled into the cuff of his jumper. Widened copper eyes flickered around constricted pupils, warning L to 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒆 continue his behaviour. In response, the pestering detective swivelled his chair closer to whisper in the younger man's ear.

"Why? Could it be that I'm...𝑰𝒏 𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆?"

The BASTARD!? L's teasing went all the way to Light's crotch - these antics couldn't take place in the company of others, his 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 no less! In a bid to apprehend L's weapon, Light lunged his arm out toward the spoon of cake with vigour. The two fought, L attempting to protect the bite of confectionery, Light attempting to seize it. The task force rolled their eyes in the backdrop of the childish conflict - until it became 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔, and their faces resembled the surprise of the forgers in the painting.

By some law of physics, the squabbling caused the spoon to be flung between the duo, where it landed square in the middle of Light's jumper. Cake crumbs cascaded down his front; white icing staining the black fabric noticeably. The onlooking task force gasped in horror. L would surely 𝒅𝒊𝒆. Light let out a mild, dissociating giggle, one that could be compared to a psych ward patient relating to how unhinged it sounded. The detective next to him tried not to look pleased....

"I'll get some kitchen roll!"

Matsuda ran off in determination to complete the most important mission he'd ever assigned himself.

"Light-kun....?"

L inquired at the boy's wide eyed catatonic state. Light, abruptly stood up...

"I want to change"