Chapter Twenty-Three: Secrets

Speeding down the highway, as fast as I could with the others following closely behind me. The person who gave me life, who's been with me through the good and bad times, my Mother. I prayed and prayed that she was alive and okay. My thoughts wandered to Mia and my grip tightened around the steering wheel. The thought of her being kidnapped and nowhere safe, hurts my heart.

"Uhhh, Mateo? Take it easy or you'll kill the both of us before we can save Bianca and Mia," said Dom. Moments later, I pulled up on the trail about 20 minutes away from the abandoned tunnel, but out of site. I already had a few men scope out the place for me. So far from what I heard, there's about six men guarding the front entrance to the tunnel.

I seen Ivan making his way towards me. "One of the men overheard the gunmen out front. Mia and Bianca are definitely in there," he said. I felt the rage inside me and slammed my fist against a stone wall. I made quick steps and went around to the trunk of my vehicle. I took out the guns and began to load them."Woah, woah! What are you doing Mateo?" asked Ivan with a concerned look on his face.

"The fuck does it look like? I'm about to spray each and everyone of these son's of a bitches!" I said aggressively. Dom stopped me from loading the rest of the bullets. "Mateo, you need to focus. No need to black out on us," he said. Dominic was right. "Also, you're never going to guess who's behind all of this bullshit.." said Ivan. Dom and I looked at each other and then back at Ivan.

"The White Snakes," he announced. Dom and I looked at each other. "We gotta go.. NOW," I demanded. I grabbed the guns and gear, while the other's followed behind me. My men and I, with Dom and Ivan stealthily made our way to the tunnel entrance. We hid at the side of the entrance as some of my men saw an opportunity to strike, which would allow Dominic, Ivan and I to move forward.

One of the gunmen had loosen his belt as if he was on his way to take a piss. Once looking up, he spotted us like a deer in headlights. "Well that didn't go accordingly," I said. He fidgeted to take our his gun as we all pointed our guns at him and pulled the trigger. My men rushed out first from beside the tunnel wall and it became a shoot out. Dom, Ivan and I followed behind them and helped.

After all six of the men were taken down, I gave my men orders to stand guard while Dominic, Ivan and I made out way into the tunnel. We grabbed our flashlights and made our way into the tunnel. "God, it smells like shit in here," whispered Dom. The smell of the tunnel was definitely pungent. The sound of rats squeaking and crawling around with every step we took. We ended up deep within the tunnel.

"WHO GOES THERE?!" yelled a man. We shone our lights in the direction of the sound and seen it was another gunman. Dominic held out his gun, landing three shots into his chest.

--

Bruises on my arm from all the injections and on my body and face due to physical trauma. No longer being tied to the chair, I was laid out on the cold concrete ground in the dark, with foot chains clasped around my ankle and bolted to the wall. I haven't eaten in a week, all these fuckers fed me was water so I wouldn't die.

The sound of the rusty lock was being unlocked and the steel door opened. I got up from the cold floor and stood there ready to fight again. "Ahh, I see you're up," said Nina. Following behind her was my professor. The rage inside me made my legs began to move. I ran towards Nina trying to strangle her, but Ryder quickly stepped infront of her grabbing me by the throat. He then proceeded to punch me so hard, cracking my rib.

He threw me backwards. I dropped to the ground holding my side and crying in pain. "LEAVE HER ALONE!!" cried Bianca in the other room. "Shut up you old bitch!" said Nina. She looked back and smiled at me. She crouched down and picked up my head by my hair. "Why are you doing this?!" I said as I winced in pain and the tears streaming down my face. "Well, where do I start?" she said happily.

"I wanted that necklace as to why I framed you. I overheard Mateo and Bianca talking. She decided to keep the necklace instead of auctioning it. Bianca wanted Mateo to give it to someone he was going to have a future with," she began to explain. "And you thought that he was going to give that necklace to me?" I replied. She laughed. "I mean he could have, but you stole the necklace, remember?" she added.

"I just wanted to trade off the necklace with the French. The necklace is worth 23 million, but they're willing to give me 30 million for the necklace," she said as she smirked. Her facial expression quickly changed into anger. "But the old hag hid it away. We turned her entire house upside down to find it and even though we have her here, she still won't tell us where the necklace is," Nina continued.

"So what the fuck does this have to do with me? Any of it? And why is my university professor here?!" I asked. "Here's the fun part; I'm pretty sure your dearest daddy mentioned to you a long time ago about his feud with The White Snakes," she began. The White Snakes? The name sent a chill down my spine. This time I was actually feeling fearful. I remember my father telling me that they kidnapped my Mom, while she was PREGNANT with Carlos and I.

I tried to swing at Nina as she stumbled backwards, landing on her ass. She quickly got up, brushed off her self and punched me. "AS I WAS SAYING.. Your Father and Mother knew who Trisha was and yet still didn't get the chance to kill her," she added. "Trisha's dead so why bring her up?" I asked. "Though that is very true, she had a son that no one knew about," she continued as she smirked. I looked at Ryder. "You've got to be fucking kidding me.."