𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚. Elias Magnuson

RAMSEY BIANCHI

RAMSEY BIANCHI

"So, tell me something, amigo, how did a guy like you end up becoming a vampire's apprentice?" I cocked my head to the side as we walked in circles in the basement of the shop.

We were currently training, not that I needed it, but Elias was taking his role as mentor incredibly seriously. He wanted to make sure I excel in both combat and sorcery, so far I was doing great according to him. Little did he know I was only humoring him, Elias was extremely knowledgeable with the ways of magic, but he wasn't that good in combat. He was a good fighter, but not a worthy opponent against me, he knew the basics of self-defense and a bit of jiu-jitsu.

"Half-vampire." Elias corrected, he gripped the staff of the Living Tribunal, my hands were loose, ready to take on anything he threw my way. "Blade saved me, made me his apprentice."

He swung the staff with force, I quickly conjured a magical ring that served me as a small shield, the rings were white and sparks flew out followed by the collision. "Just like that? So a complete stranger offered you a job as his apprentice, and you just said yes? Without a second thought."

Elias and I engaged in a lethal fight, he attacked me without holding back, occasionally throwing in tips and comments about how to better my defense. I've learned how to use the magical rings as a source of protection and offense, I was able to throw them toward my oppressor like a boomerang. Its edges were sharp, and it cut through anything before returning to my hand, I had gone fairly better at fighting with magic. Elias and I would also train without the magic, which was no problem since I was good at boxing.

"There's more to it, obviously," Elias said breathlessly, he raised his hands, meaning that training was over.

I lowered my arms and the magical rings disappeared, I wiped the sweat off my brow and made my way to sit next to Elias. He handed me a bottle of water and I gladly took it. "What happened?"

Elias looked at me for a moment, debating if he should tell me or not before sighing in defeat, he glanced away. "I was around eight or nine years old, I was playing in this abandoned park outside my neighborhood in Transylvania." I raised my eyebrows, surprised to know he came from such a long way home.