ten. date

ANTEBELLUM: X

ANTEBELLUM: X

PETER PARKER

I WILL NOT DENY THAT RIDICULIZING FLASH THOMPSON FELT AWESOME AND FAIR, AFTER ALL THE BEATINGS AND CONSTANT PESTERING I HAD TO ENDURE. But I will also admit that I got carried away, I should've just gave him the ball when I told him I was, I just couldn't help myself. I was enjoying it, but the real reason that I did it was to give him a piece of his own medicine.

Uncle Ben walked beside me, his expression was angry and quiet. His expression made me realize how far I had gone, the abilities that I have are not to be abused. I should've been smarter, but again, I let the opportunity of impressing a really nice girl get into my head and I partially regret it.

"I hope they're not gonna make us pay for the backboard." I voiced some of my worries.

Uncle Ben threw a dismissal hand, "I don't care about the backboard." He glances at me, "Was it true?"

"What?"

"What I heard in there, just now? Did you humiliate that boy?" Uncle Ben asked, his tone obviously angry.

I sigh in defeat as I nod, "Yeah, I did. But—"

"— But what?" Uncle Ben interjected.

"This guy... this guy deserved it." I tried to reason, but Uncle Ben just scoff at my words.

"Did he?"

"Yeah," I answer firmly, my eyes staring right back at him before looking forward.

Uncle Ben remains silent for a few seconds as if analyzing my words, "Is he the kid that hit you?" I just sigh in response, unable to look at him, for I was embarrassed. "Is he?"

"Yeah." I answer at last, "Yeah, but—"

"— So all this is about getting even?" Uncle Ben asks harshly, "If so, I guess you must feel pretty good about yourself now, right? Am I right or wrong?" My silence was enough of an answer, "Yeah, I thought so. Well, thanks to this little escapade of yours, I had to change shifts at work. So you, have to pick Aunt May tonight at nine o'clock, understood?" I nod, "Is that understood?"