𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭. si vis pacem

The city was in absolute chaos.

Half of the city of Manhattan suffered from a major outage; the city authorities detected a massive disturbance at Oscorp's power grid, and they speculated that was what caused the blackout. Terror and panic quickly spread across the many streets; people feared they were facing something similar to last year's attack. Hayek had accomplished something, and that was for people to have a glimpse of what her world was like, dark and cold, with no sign of hope or source of warmth.

But that wasn't even half of her goal. Tonight, Hayek wasn't just going to try and swallow the land of the living into complete oblivion. Tonight, Hayek was going to tilt the scales to her favor; she was going to force the universe to favor death over life. To choose her over generations of witches of life.

This is no vengeance or the story of a villain's point of view. This was retaliation. Years of oppression are coming to light in a single night. A desperate cry from a victim who did nothing to deserve such cold punishment.

Because here's a harsh truth from the circle of life and that's that nobody likes the cold and harsh reality of things, people love to be told lies, to live in a makeshift fantasy. Nobody favored reality over fantasy because that's what this is about. For eons, they treated her (death) as the villain and all because people refused to see death as part of the gift of life.

Eternity isn't a blessing; it's a curse, and what saved humans from that? Death.

Hayek stood by the clock inside the tower, dressed in the same black attire. She stared through Finn's blue orbs. Electro was near her, he was messing with the power grid, Oscorp security tried fighting him, but they all died electrocuted. Green Goblin was flying around Times Square's block; he was terrorizing civilians and blowing things up with his pumpkin bombs. Hayek wasn't thrilled by the unnecessary deaths they were causing, but the only way to get Spider-Man's attention was by hurting civilians until he intervened.