𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐈𝐑𝐂𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄

E P I L O G U E

"The End Is Just Another Beginning."

There's a reason why people before falling asleep start telling themselves stories or creating fake scenarios. Dreams are paradise, a gateway from reality, and being blessed with a moment totally yours and full of bliss. Peter Parker stood at the peak of the Empire State, the wind could be felt, blowing his hair into all sorts of direction as his chocolate eyes were dead set on the sunset before him. And just when he thought the dream couldn't get more peaceful, he suddenly became aware that he was covering someone's eyes. Dumbfounded, he uncovered the person's eyes, for some reason he was holding his breath as he watched her turn her head towards him.

And there she was. His girl.

The sunset's golden hour reflected beautifully on Ramsey's tanned skin, her long brunette hair was disheveled due to the wind, but Peter stared at her with wonder and love. She could be wearing a sack of potatoes and look like Shrek, to him, she would always be the most beautiful thing that lived and breathed on this earth. His arms found their home around her waist, terrified of letting her go. She turned to him, and he felt his heart falter at the mere sight of her, a sight his eyes hadn't been blessed with for a long, long time. He could even feel his eyes begin to water and his chest tightening from the bottled-up emotions, but he didn't want to lose sight of her for his tears, so he quickly blinked them away and just pressed himself closer to her and breathed in her scent. The strange thing was that he didn't recognize her scent anymore, and that's when a dreadful thought took root in his mind: does it mean that he's forgetting her?

"God, you have no idea how much I've missed you." He closed his eyes and buried his face into the back of her neck, holding her so very close to him.

She wrapped her arms around his and breathed out contently as they watched the sunset. "And I you. But don't be mistaken, I'm always with you... just not in the flesh. Obviously."

"I'm afraid to forget you." Peter voiced his deepest fear.

Ramsey smiled, a single tear rolling down her cheek as the sun finally set. "Moving on doesn't mean forgetting, skater boy." She closed her eyes and another tear fell. "It just means that our story has come to an end. You're ready to begin a new chapter."

She gripped his arms and unwrapped them from her body, she had to put some effort into prying them off because Peter wasn't– couldn't let go. "Trust me, letting go is easier than holding on. It's okay, Pete. It's okay to let me go."

And like a whisper, she was gone with the wind, disappearing from his arms.