1

To any new reader. the beginning is boring and I'm sorry for that but I just tried to give a background.

start of the school year.
Brooklynn is 17 and starting her senior year of high school tomorrow. "I've heard senior year is supposed to be a breeze. Just as long as I don't get senioritis," she tells her mom laughing. "Sally and Alex said they already have their school supplies and outfits ready for tomorrow!"

Her mom was never one to actually listen to anything that concerned her daughter's life. She only cared about making sure people thought she had a perfect family. "Yea. I'm so excited to get pictures tomorrow. Make sure you choose a cute outfit Brooke. My baby's finally going to be a senior in high school," her mother says scrolling through Facebook.

"Okay," Brooke says as she realizes her mother isn't interested in having an actual conversation with her. She goes to her room to gather her things for school in the morning. She face times Alex and Sally. "Hey what all are you guys bringing to school tomorrow?" Brooke asks.

"I'm just bringing my computer, a notebook and a pencil," says Alex.

"Of course you are Alex. You only ever bring the minimum. But there's actually something I've needed to tell you guys for a while now," Sally says taking a deep breath.

Brooke and Alex stop laughing immediately. "Are you okay?" they both say at the same time. Brooke's heart starts racing. It doesn't sound good. Brooke's thoughts start racing. Is she sick? Is she hurt? Did something bad happen? She finally broke up with her toxic boyfriend? What could it possibly be?

"I'm moving. My moms didn't want me to tell anyone, but we leave tomorrow after school," she tries to get out the words without crying. "Tomorrow's gonna be my last day seeing y'all and then we're moving across the country."

     Brooke moves to sit at her desk. They all start crying. Sally has been friends with Brooke since kindergarten and Alex since 4th grade.

     Why wouldn't she tell me she was moving, Brooke thought. "We will help you pack tomorrow after school. We'll miss you a lot," Brooke says while she sits at her desk crying. She doesn't know what to think. A childhood best friend moving all the way across the country.
"Yes for sure," says Alex.

"Sally!" her moms call in the background. "I have to go guys, sorry. See you tomorrow at school," says Sally abruptly hanging up the phone.

"Alright I have to get my things ready for tomorrow. See you at school," Brooke tells Alex.
"Okay, bye see you tomorrow," says Alex hanging up the phone.

Brooke is still crying and running through thoughts in her head. I can't believe her. Sally is really moving across the country. Should I even tell mom? No she could care less, she never liked Sally anyways. Probably because she didn't have a perfect family. Brooke's mom never cared for Sally because she had two moms. Brooke's mom is very religious and also homophobic, which made it hard anytime she wanted to have a sleepover with her best friend, she always had to come to her house and Brooke was never allowed to go to Sally's house to stay the night. Brooke gets her things ready for her last first day of high school tomorrow. She decides to just go with jeans and a hoodie. "Mom will just have to deal with it," she tells herself getting her pajamas on. She makes sure to put her computer on the charger and get her alarms ready. Once she's all set she goes to bed thinking about everything that could go wrong. Her anxiety is through the roof and she can't even think. "Calm down, Brooke. You'll be fine," she tells herself closing her eyes.