3

seeing you.
     Brooke is finally onto her last class of the day. History. All day I've listened to music while teachers talked about their lives. I could care less. Brooke was never one to like to be the center of the attention. She has social anxiety which is probably the reason she doesn't have to many friends. She takes a seat in the back of the room and sets her things down as the bell rings.

      Where's the teacher? Mrs. Sumner rushes into the classroom. "Sorry guys. I was trying to help a student find their class," she says heading towards her desk. Oh okay.

      Brooke takes out her earbuds and pays attention to the teacher. She's beautiful. Wait. I can't be thinking that. Shit. Brooke rushes through her thoughts. She tries to calm herself down by taking deep breaths.

     "Alright so I know you guys probably aren't gonna like this but I will actually be assigning seats." Mrs. Sumner tells the class as they all let out a groan. "Okay for today this is how I will be taking attendance so if you aren't in your seat you'll be counted absent."

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BROOKE'S POV
   The teacher is beautiful. She isn't what I imagined a history teacher would look like. I always only had male history teachers. I hadn't paid much attention to my schedule when it read "Mrs" instead of "Mr" but I guess this will be a new experience for me. She assigns us seats and I'm kinda still in the back on the right side of the class. I make sure to tell her I like to go by Brooke and not Brooklynn. I don't tell her why but it's because I only ever hear than name screamed at me by my mother anytime something doesn't go her way. I actually like this because I'm further away from her desk and teachers make me very anxious. She starts telling us about her life and I am actually interested. "I have two young boys and a wonderful husband who you may know he's the football coach." she says. I don't even know her name yet. I would've thought she'd started with that. Oh I see it's on the board which I would know if I wasn't too busy watching her. Raelynn Sumner. What a pretty name. "I'm 34 and I'm here to help you guys get the best grade possible. So if you ever need help do not ever hesitate to ask or if I grade something wrong let me know." She seems understanding. I like that she lets us know we can ask for help and actually means it. Most teachers tell us and then when we do they get irritated or just tell us to look over notes. Like what the fuck? You're supposed to be helping us. "Please don't all get up and stand by the door the last couple minutes of class it's gives me real bad anxiety." Awww she's so sweet. Why am I enjoying learning about her. She's my teacher and I've never been so interested in any teacher before. Oh well.

     The day comes to an end and I can't wait to get home. I run out to the bus and find my seat. I pop in my earbuds and text Sally. "Hey do you still want help packing?" "No my moms are having us leave right now. She picked me up right after lunch." she replies. "Oh." I started crying. That's my best friend and I can't even have a chance to say goodbye. I text Alex but he didn't respond. He must already be at work.

     I get off the bus and walk home. I unlock the door and go in. It's just me. Mom has gone out. Who knows where and Dad's still at work. It's only 2:40 in the afternoon. What do I want to do? I try to just forget about Sally. It's hard but if I keep thinking about her I'll spiral out of control. I decide to clean my room and take a nap.

     I wake up and it's already 7:39. Damn I really slept. I try to think back on my dream. I thought it was real. Wait. Why was she in my dream? Mrs. Sumner was in my dream. I don't even remember the dream just remember seeing her face. I decide to get a shower at night so I can sleep in a little bit tomorrow. I set out my outfit, grab a bite to eat and head back to my room. I can't stop thinking about Mrs. Sumner. She is beautiful. She has short hair, just to her shoulders, she has great breasts. Of course that would be something I notice. She doesn't bother trying to make them sit perfect. They are bigger but I can tell she doesn't wear push up bras she just a wear a bra to support her enough. She has a nice body. She's not skinny but she's not fat either. She's perfect. She's also very kind and caring. I try not to think of every female teacher I have as a mother figure but it's kind of hard for me, since I just want a mother who sees me and cares for me. My thoughts are interrupted I hear mom and dad shouting at each other. Mom always makes dad feel like a piece of shit. She doesn't even work and Dad tries his hardest to provide for our family and take care of us. But all Mom cares about is having money to spend on herself. I feel bad for Dad honestly I really hope he divorces her one day but I know that is very unlikely because he needs her in a way that I don't exactly quite understand. I pop in my earbuds and pull the covers over my body.

(PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK)