2

first day of senior year.
RING! RING! Her alarm goes off. It's 6:20 in the morning. "Ugghhh," Brooke let's out a grumble as she sits up on her bed. She grabs her body scrub and outfit and heads to the bathroom. She looks at her self in the mirror and finally decides to hop in the shower. She washes her face trying to wake herself up. She remembers her best friend is leaving today and she won't be able to se her probably ever again. She scrubs her body with a new body scrub making sure she has shiny skin for the pictures her mom wants. She rinses off and turns off the shower. Once Brooke steps out she wraps a towel around her body and proceeds to brush her teeth. While she moisturizes her face she hears a knock on the door. It's her mother. "Hurry up I need to pee!"

Ugh it's always about her and never about me. Brooke gathers her things and goes to her room. She gets her deodorant and lotions her body as to make sure her skin looks perfect. She gets dressed into her jeans and hoodie. She sprays on a couple pumps of perfume and grabs her things. Brooke decides to just go with a notebook, a pencil, and her chrome book.

She heads into the living room and her mother still isn't there. "Mom come on I'm going to miss the bus," Brooke yells. It is now 6:49 and her bus comes at 6:55. Brooke's doesn't live too far from the school so she never had to worry about a long boring bus ride.

"I'm coming Brooklynn give me a minute!" Her mother shouts back. Probably getting dressed and fancy so she can make it about herself. Just like any other time. Her mother enters the room and is all dressed up. Of course.

"Okay babe hold the camera. Make sure you get good angles for me," she tells Brooklyn's dad as she hands over the phone. He is clueless as to how to work it. A flash goes out and he captures a picture of the wall. "Come on. Get it right! All the time you always fumble with it. Hurry up. Try again. Try again." She demands as he tries to figure it out. "Okay say 'first day of senior year'" her father says with a cheesy voice and smile as he snaps the picture.

"Great now I gotta go, love you guys." Brooke says grabbing her things and rushing out the door. "Bye kiddo have a great first day love you!" her father yells after her. "Give me the camera. You better of have gotten a good picture." She only ever worried about herself. Brooke wasn't expecting a response from her anyway.

She runs to the bus stop as soon as the bus is pulling up. She gets on and grabs a seat kind of toward the back on the driver side and scoots close to the window. Brooke never likes to sit on the outside so she lays her things beside her. By the time she makes it to school her mother had already posted the photos with the caption "my baby is all grown up" and it had already received 20 heart and 13 comments.

Brooke goes inside and finds her friends. They haven't even gotten there. They're probably going to be late because they're driving. Oh well I'll meet up with them at lunch. She heads to find her counselor to get her schedule. Brooke prefers to have paper copies of things rather than electronically.

She already sees a name she's heard before. Wilson. Everyone in the school knew who Mr.Wilson was. There was a lot of drama that went down with him last year with the sophomores. Even Brooke knew about it and she never gets into the drama.

She heads to her first class and the day goes by pretty quickly. Just a bunch of ice breakers and teachers oversharing their lives with their students. Brooke didn't mind though, she just kept her earbuds in and listened to random music on Spotify, whatever came on. Until she got to Mrs. Sumner's class. She was her last class of the day.