24

Brooke's POV

As I walked into my first hour, I thought more about what Mr. Sumner had asked me. Why would he ask me such a thing? It's really not any of his business although he may have suspected something. I'm still beating myself up about not being able to truly reveal myself. But I truly don't know what I am. I love people for who they are and if that happens to be a woman, so be it.

I began to think about what Mrs. Sumner had told him about the hickey situation. I mean it's not like she would have ratted herself out. "Oh yeah by the way, I made out with a student!" Definitely something that would never come out of her mouth. (But always hoping it would be her screaming my name.)

We never spoke again of the situation, almost as if neither of us wanted to acknowledge she had been caught. I would say we, but I'm the secret, at least I was. Now I don't know where we are, but I'm hoping to get back to where we were. I miss her dearly. I understand it may have been hard for her but I would have loved to hear the excuse she made to keep her husband happy.

I let the thoughts escape my mind as I focus back on the incident of Friday. I know Mrs. Sumner had told me not to worry about it and I've really tried not to but I just wish so badly that it was her. Her body I was able to touch freely, not having to worry. As I sit in class the teacher's voice just echoes. The bell rings and I'm off to another class. I think about what to tell Mrs. Sumner about Victoria. How would I even start the conversation? I mean really we just hit it off because I finally found someone to talk to. I'm also not trying to start anything with her, just as friends and then I guess we could see how it goes.

Victoria has always seemed so full of energy yet, surprisingly, she's not the "popular" girl. She's known but she doesn't put herself out there to be the center of attention like most other girls. I could imagine myself with Victoria, after all they do say opposites attract. But honestly I only want one woman and her name is Raelynn Sumner.

The day goes by slowly as usual. It's finally time for lunch. I head to the bathroom and run into Victoria.

"Hey Victoria!" I say smiling at her. " Hey Brooke! You can call me Tori." She says, smiling back. She begins to walk towards me. "Sorry I meant to text you over the weekend. I was wondering if I should bring anything to the party." I had never really been to a party and I wasn't sure how I was going to get there or if I was supposed to dress up. Really, truthfully, I had not a single ounce of knowledge of the workings of a party. It's kind of sad when I think about it. "Nope, just yourself!" She said beaming.

"Okay! Sounds great." I decide whether to ask her if I should dress up. I figured I'd space my questions out this week so it wasn't so obvious I'd never been to a party. "Okay! I'm headed to lunch so I'll catch you in Sumner's class. Hey what class do you have before history. I was thinking we could catch each other and walk together." She stood there staring at me waiting for me to answer. Honestly I don't even remember what class I have, lately I've been sitting in the library while finishing the work online. "I usually study in the library before history. I take the time to get homework done so I don't have to worry about it." I say smiling. I feel like it makes me sound like someone who has no life but school, which is pretty true. "I'll meet you in the library then," she smiles and walks out of the bathroom.

As I contemplate what to talk about with Mrs. Sumner I wash my hands and adjust my hair. As I walk to her classroom I notice the door is shut. I look around before knocking on the door, clinging tightly to my laptop and binder. As the door opens, I see Mr. Sumner standing up by Mrs. Sumner's desk. It's rather empty on one side. I try not to let my mind wander off to the many things that could've happened.

"Hey Brooke! I'm just leaving," he says smiling. He stood there waiting for me to reply, as if he wanted to hear my new excuse. I feel the man is really starting to catch onto something. It slightly worries me but then again I may be reading into it too much. I'm not quite sure what he wanted out of me. "Oh I just came here to get help with a homework assignment." I lift my binder and laptop and give an awkward smile. It feels like there's so much tension between us after him asking me such a personal question earlier. "Well good luck with that!" "Thanks," I say.