Office Chaos

I sat on the sofa, my feet tapping anxiously on the wooden floor. Skyler remained standing with his traveller bag on near the staircase. He was supposed to leave today for his house and I couldn't bear him leaving even though he said Christmas Eve would be spent at his place tomorrow night. Linda sat next to me reading a magazine and Colin was having a serious conversation on the phone. The only sounds that could be heard was my tapping, the pages ruffling and Col's voice. "Dring..." The doorbell rang. Sky lunged for the door. A very amused Ivan stood at the doorstep, car keys in hand. "Why...why...how many years has it been since you had 'architectural companies' as your obsession, Kelly?" He asked, side glancing at me. "Or...does everyone else share the same passion too?"

Skyler rolled his eyes and the rest of us huffed in relief. We thought he wouldn't come. After all, he wasn't a friend or anything as of now, but just an acquaintance! "C'mon. Let's get going..." Skyler stated while snatching the car keys from Ivan. We followed him to the car. Ivan, as confused as ever calling from behind, "You know I'm supposed to say that dialogue! Or is it that you guys just wanted a car and planned to ditch me later?"

Colin waved him over from the front seat. "C'mon, Ivan! Questions later! We've got to be leaving now!" "I do not know what's with the hurry! Hey! I'm driving!" He ordered as he rushed towards the car.

"I didn't get myself killed...aha! I didn't get myself killed! Praise the Lord..." Colin exclaimed in relief as he puffed and huffed continuously. A wobbly Linda and I walked out of the car and an irritated Skyler walked out from the other side. A very satisfied and proud Ivan jumped out of the driver's seat. "Thundering typhoons! Blistering barnacles! 'Stop. The. Bloody. Car!' Didn't I tell you to do that? But what did you do? The exact contrary! What were you thinking, huh? It felt like you would be taking off at any time! Were you attempting to kill us...well bro, let me tell you..." Colin was stopped as Ivan clamped his mouth shut.

"Yeah dude! You're welcome!" He hissed dangerously and looked at me, a look I couldn't decipher, but it was surely creepy... All at once, he burst out laughing. "It's alright, Col! I can totally understand your obsession though it's not really sane...I'm glad to have brought you here...there's no need to thank me so much...and we were running out of time, right?" It was a mistake to tell him that...I swear! Ivan was interrupted from his 'made up' speech when Skyler jerked him behind. Ivan almost tumbled, but quickly gripped the pillar. "Welcome to ReptiSwolder Global Properties...The most renowned, dominating, prestigious and trusted architectural company of the century and for the centuries to come..."

The name itself made me tremble. What Ivan said was true. The building indeed looked dominating and surely the people were too...The company was located at the heart of Times Square. We all stared at the tall, glass masterpiece that was swirled from the bottom to the top. It surely looked daunting. "Look towards the right." Linda whispered. My breathed hitched at what I saw. The very own symbol. 'The Deadly Symbol'. The emblem of the very own 'Reptiswolder Global Properties'...

"How in the name of Merlin did we get in? Isn't there something known as security here? Or does the building just look posh and is actually quite outdated?" Colin asked, curiously. Ivan rolled his eyes while guiding us towards the main entrance. It seemed like he knew the route very well! "Just forget about that and look around, dude!" He stated tiredly.

We entered the main passage way and that's when all of us gasped in awe...Truly, the place looked prestigious! In front of us, men dressed in Armani suits and women, all in vogue were making their way in and out. It was damn classy! There was a huge miniature model of their upcoming project right at the centre of all the glass walls and posh white interior with Hettich fittings. I could totally sense the rich and dominating aura in here!