Deadline

Reality jolted me awake. I squinted my eyes as they adjusted to the surrounding. Skyler was sprawled on the floor and Ivan was nowhere to be seen. Something hard was snoring softly on my knee. I got up and saw a blonde mop of haired head laying on it for support. "Skyler? Skyler?" I whispered, tugging him awake. "Hmm?" His answer seemed muffled as he rose. Giving me a hand, I got up too. Monique was shoved aside due to the force. "We need to get out of here..." I whispered urgently. He nodded. Glancing at my watch, I realised only 20 minutes were left for school to begin.

I was a mess. My body, reduced to pulps. It seemed like my ribs were broken. My head was bleeding too. We had created enough mess and it was good our school didn't have CCTVs!! I didn't want the mess to get all the more messy! Skyler was in the same state as me, but he wasn't showing how affected he was. Just as I was about to move, a firm grip landed on my leg. Glaring down, I was met with two blue pleading eyes. My gaze softened and I offered her a hand. She rose and looked at me.

"Monique..." I did not know how to start and the situation was really awkward. Like once I was facing a feisty and ferocious Monique and now a girl who looked trodden and lost. She lowered her head as though ashamed. "I'm sorry, Kelly. I know I've betrayed you. Your trust. I've been merciless and cold hearted. Behaved like a bloody animal back then! But you should know the situation I was in. What do you've to say? I need to hear you." She pleaded and fell into my arms, crying.

Daniel Adams loved destroying everybody's life! "Shh..." I tried pacifying her. She lifted her head and I began. "Monique, I don't blame you for anything. If I were in your place, I would've done the same thing too. If my father and family were in such a dire situation, I would've done anything to get everything straight. To have the perfect life which was once mine! But think about it. What you did minutes back was done irrationally, but weren't you acting for their benefit? Weren't you siding them? Didn't you fall for Ivan's trap? That's where you went wrong." "B-but, Ivan..." I interrupted her.

"I know...Ivan betrayed you. I feel like ripping him into pieces! I swear I'd! But we need to play according to the flow. If they're playing a game with us, so can we. From now on, you'll listen to me. I'm not someone like Ivan to betray you, so you can trust me. In fact, we're from the same family and fighting for the same people. You need to go back from where you came from. Do not roam around freely like before. You need to be safe. I'm going to talk to Ivan just now. Will you do that much for me?" I asked her. She nodded.

We staggered our way to the entry and right there, leaning on a bike was Ivan. I gritted my teeth. My anger was seething immensely. "Oh, hello!" He greeted like we were his childhood friends. "Oh my gosh! Look at you guys!" Linda yelped and rushed to put an arm around my shoulder. "What the fuck did you do to her, man!" Colin thundered. "Nothing much, Colin. Just the usual. Knocking off some senses. Whereas for Kelly, it was knocking in some sense." He laughed evilly at his reply.

"You stay away from her!" Sky growled. He laughed at that. "Sure...sure..." He replied, chuckling. I felt like hurling a boulder at him. That bloody bastard! "Monique? Why did he attack you?! Were you with them, dear?" Linda gasped. Monique's silence was filled in by Ivan. "You wouldn't like to know what happened, Linda! It's a blessing you weren't there!" He stated. "Monique is quite a party to what happened to them. She basically helped me." He said simply and I saw Linda raise a fist at Monique, her face red with anger.

"Don't!" I ordered. She brought down her hand, looking perplexed at me. "She hurt you. The both of you." She whispered. "It's not like what it seems, Lin. There's a lot of explaining." I replied. Her eyes widened at this. "Anyway, you peeps can continue talking later, but we've some talking to do." He stated tiredly while pointing an index finger at me. "Say what you've to say." I demanded, my head held high. "Alright. Daniel doesn't have his whole life waiting for what you're supposed to give in. He deserves what is his." He said. "The diary is not his. It does not belong to him." I replied with finality.