Bonus

"Wouldn't you be gushing over this if you were here...?" I whisper looking directly at the tomb stone where 'In The Loving Memory Of Grace Joanna Anderson...Daughter, sister, family...Born 09th November 1997...Died 26th December 2015...You'll always be remembered, love...You'll always be loved' is written, a grimace etching on my face. There was a time when I never wanted to see her reaction about anything to do with him and me, but all I want to hear now is her squeal. Time does change people...

Today's her 10th death anniversary! I can't believe it has been a decade since she passed away! Only if she were alive...she would've been 28 by now living a lovely married life with Justin...A tear escapes my eye at the thought. I place my bouquet of fresh roses and walk back towards the gates at the entrance of the grave. There's no point grieving about the past...

I, Kelly Jane Anderson, am 25 years old now. Ha! I just turned 25 yesterday. It was the best thing that had ever happened to me! Probably, I could say, that my entire life after that 'dreadful' incident is absolutely the best thing that has ever happened to me! Indeed, I'm still disturbed by terrifying nightmares. That won't leave me easily! Anyway, I've indeed moved on!

Who am I now? For starters, I've everything a person can ever dream of! I'm the official CEO of Reptiswolder Global Properties now that Uncle Charles has stepped down. He's now living a really happy life with his family and daughter Monique. My lovely Monique's now a successful woman too! She works at my company as Assistant Director! Great, right?!

She's engaged to Linda's brother. Hearing the Wedding Bells ringing? How can I forget about my best friends?! Colin and Linda are now happily settled in LA. They're like my neighbours. As if I would let them move farther away from me! They aren't married yet but it's surely going to be soon. Colin has become an artist just like how he has always wanted to be and Linda, a doctor. A Cardiac Surgeon at best!

And Skyler? We're now live-ins at our penthouse. He has, like the usual, made me the happiest person on the planet and we're going absolutely steady! How much in love I'm with that guy! 'My father's best friend's son...'

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" Skyler muses with a lopsided grin as I open the car door. I stick out my tongue at him to which he rolls his eyes and chuckles. He has been waiting in the car since he was done praying for Grace.

"Real mature, Kelly! So...where're we going now?" He asks, his eyes trained on the road.

"Don't we've a party to attend?" I question.

He doesn't respond and the tension in the air thickens.

I examine his face carefully. Skyler's the same like how he always was back in the school days, but yes, growing up did alter him. He's become very mature but his hair has remained as tousled as it always was and always will be! The dimple he has is stiff currently and his chiselled jaw is firm with his kissable lips pressed into a thin line. His childlike grin and face matured over the years to give a handsome determined guy.

"What is it?" I whisper, placing my hand on top of his on the gear.

"I-I don't feel like we should throw the party..." He trails, his eyes darting from me to the road, his voice unsure.

All my plans and happiness shatters right there...

"Why?" I snap. "Why this sudden change of mind? Don't you want to celebrate on your promotion?!" Skyler's promoted as the Assistant Director of a famous bank firm. How wonderful is that?! So why doesn't he want to celebrate?!

"Trust me, I really want to. But owing to the fact that it's Gracy's death anniversary today..." He cracks in his speech. My eyes soften at his words. He still hasn't completely moved on, has he?