One Month Later (An Epilogue)

Epilogue

Skyler opened the door for me as I caught his hand, smiling gleefully. My black wavy hair blew in the breeze as I walked my way with him. Everybody greeted us as usual; all chirpy and welcoming. I slung my bag tighter as we neared the main entry. Everybody fist thumped us and I felt like a celebrity! In reality, I had become one! While walking down the hallway, another couple joined us with a hug and walked merrily along side me. My dearest Colin and Linda! Right after that, a girl rush towards me and hugged me tight and greeted the rest. Monique walked by Colin.

Mr. Russo passed by us and gave us a thumbs up. Monique being his daughter was a secret for the others. We waved at him in return. Mom and dad were back together! They reconciled and we were now the official and forever Andersons! As for the Russos, Charles got the custody for Monique after winning a very difficult but convincing case and shifted to stay with the rest of them and they were one heck of a joint family! Charles was doing well at the company and we were gaining a lot of profit! That didn't mean he stopped teaching Physics! That couldn't have ever been possible! It was a great achievement that I started liking the subject and had been scoring straight As!

All had finally come to an end...but our life offered us a new beginning! As we walked down the hallway, I couldn't help but realise what an awesome gang we were! Especially with our new addition; my second cousin Monique! We came closer together; laughing, smiling, teasing...relishing every moment of our life!

As I thought over the past events, I realised that they taught me a very important lesson. Never be afraid and cower even in the most dire situation. No matter the size or power of your contender, there's no need to back off. All you need to do is...stay firm. Stay confident and fight for what's right. Justice and truth will never let you down. Never.