The Ball

I froze in my place.

Eagle?

"Judging by your face, you seem to know him." Jungkook said. "He is that crazy bastard. Now you know why I was so worried."

"I... how does he know about me?" I asked, voice managing to escape.

"Well, he had his ways. Even I don't know." Jungkook admitted.

I literally froze in my seat. I was not moving, nor was I breathing properly.

"Earth to Susan." Jungkook said. "What are you scared for? You're a strong lady. And you have me. Don't worry, I'll be there with you." Jungkook assured. I nodded.

Yes. I am strong. I can protect myself. I thought.

We reached the ball at exactly 7:00pm. We saw that many guests were arriving with us.
Some people were already there before us.

I entered the hall room, and immediately understood why this is called the Criminal Ball.

There were criminals and murderers all around. All types of criminals, famous, infamous ; all.

I was feeling very nervous and scared. I mean, if you're in a room with murderers all around, then you won't be feeling very happy.

I unknowingly squeezed Jungkook's hand a bit. Jungkook gently squeezed my hand back. Then he whispered, "It's okay."

I and Jungkook went and sat on a large couch. We both had exactly no work to do unless the Eagle arrived.

I heard many others whispering about us.

"Hey, is that Jeon Jungkook?"

"I guess he is. At last he attends the ball."

"But who is that lady beside him? Oh wait! They are even holding hands!"

"Girlfriend? I don't know."

"Jeon Jungkook with a girlfriend? Wow! I'm surprised any girl would choose him."

"I know really, lol."

I was getting kinda uncomfortable with all those whispers. I looked at Jungkook. His face was emotionless. Then he suddenly knitted his eyebrows, and a sharp look filled his eyes. I followed his gaze and looked at an old man. He hadn't noticed us yet.

That man must be near his 50s. Half of his hair was gray, and was messy and dirty. There was a sharp look in his eyes and he was wearing a grey suit and black tie.

He didn't pass my vibe check.

Actually, no one here passed my vibe check.

But this man had a bad aura around which was stronger than others. He was talking to some other people.

I felt Jungkook lightly squeeze my hand i looked at him. He was already looking at me.

"That man is the Eagle." Jungkook said.

"Oh..." I said. Of course he is! That dirty punk is the Eagle indeed.

The Eagle noticed us, and walked towards us. My heart started beating rapidly out of nervousness and fear.

"So, Jungkook," the man said, looking nastily and Jungkook. "You find the courage to at last show up after 4 consecutive months."

4 consecutive months?

"Looks like you even brought the toy with you." Eagle said with a satisfied look on his face as he eyed me top to bottom.

"I'm his fiancé." I said confidently.