Jungkook's Past

"Just Like Me.."

Jungkook sat straight and sighed. Then he started.

"I was only 2 years or something when I was brought in this very mansion. Taehyung hyung was 4 that time. But he took care of me...."

"....That time, we were not so brotherly, you know. He just took care of me because I was a baby. But as we grew, he became more affectionate to me, and we accepted each other as our own brother." Jungkook paused and smiled nostalgicaly.

"Well, after I became 5, hyung 7,we were forced to see terrible and horrible things. We were forced by our father."

"What kind of horrible things?" I asked.

"What not?" He replied. "Murder, torture, harassment. Everything."

I kept quite.

"And we children had to witness all of those. We used to cry and literally beg our father to stop. To stop torturing them. To stop forcing us to watch. To stop everything and let us live peacefully. But no, he didn't care about that. We were just his offsprings who would lead the company." Jungkook said and paused. His eyes were teary.

"We would live in fear and stress. We would live in guilt.... guilt of not being able to save or help the victims in any way..."

"...so one day, I came up with an idea that we would sneak out at night with a first aid kit and try to heal the ones locked up in the cellars. Hyung agreed with it right away. So we did so. And believe me, our guilt was fading away bit by bit..."

"...But soon, we both were caught and exposed. Taehyung hyung took all the fault on himself and then.. then-" he shook rigidly. It was evident that he was trying hard not to cry.

"Then he was locked up and tortured. He was beaten up badly and not given food for many days. Sometimes that lasted till weeks. He became weak and had many of his bones broken. I would stand outside the locked door and hear his screams of pain and sob hard...."

".....I would feel so guilty all the time. I was allowed to visit hyung after father was done with him. That too, only on lucky days. I would run to him and hug him. He would try to hug me back, but he was too weak and broken for that. He would just smile at me and ask me how I've been doing, and that would make me cry even more."

Jungkook blinked a couple of times. I fell from the sky.

Taehyung has gone through so much?

"This torture lasted for two months. Mind you, Taehyung hyung was only 7 back then. So, a 7 year old had to go through all this. Anyway, he was released after two months which seemed like an eternity for me, and he came out all broken and weak...."

"....His bones were treated and were put back to their respective places, but he still used to look extremely fragile. He needed a lot of time to speak one sentence. Yet, he was never angry or rude to me. He was always my shelter..."

"....3 years later, when hyung became 10, it was time for him to participate."

"But, he is too young for those shit in that age!" I said, looking at Jungkook in disbelief.