Chapter 18

I followed Tim back into the living room, his hand still wrapped around mine. His claw-like nails dug deeply into my wrist, but not enough to draw blood. I tugged against his grip, but he wouldn't let go. He pulled me into the living room then stopped and took a deep breath. I looked up at him as I started to pull my wrist free, but he wouldn't let go. "Thank you for protecting me, but I think I'll be ok now," I said, as I pulled again. I ended up getting the same results. Tim pulled me to the couch as he turned my way and sat me down. I looked up at him as I narrowed my eyes. "I think I'm fine now. It's ok to let go," I said, as I pulled one last time. Still no result. Tim grabbed my other hand as it started to turn cold. I narrowed my eyes a little bit. "I think you'd better let go," I warned, getting defensive. Tim cracked a little smile then pulled my arm to examine the burn better. "He got you good," he said, as I fisted my hands. My hands got colder than normal, to the point where I couldn't even feel them myself.  "Let go of me now," I warned, as my hands became so cold that a thin layer of ice started to form. Tim's eyes widened as I pushed him off me. He tripped over his feet as he fell to the ground. Instantly I created ice around his hands and feet, trapping him to the floor.  I looked at the burn on my arm as I put an iced hand over it.

"You're just as powerful as Cameron," he said as I looked at him, a stern expression on my face. "Now is not the time to mention my brother," I said as if I got chills. Tim pulled at his limbs. "Wow, I can't even move them. But it's weird, it looks thinner than it actually is," he said, as I chuckled. "You can probably break out of it," I said, as I studied the burn, seeing it disappearing slowly.  Tim took the advantage to try but he couldn't. "Yep, you're stronger than you look," he said, as I studied the floor, remembering the vampire that I saw before the committee came back. Then I went back to my burn. Tim pulled at his hands again. "Ok, can you please let me go? You proved your point," he said, as I sat on the couch. I took my hand, pointed the palm at him, and slid it down. The ice around his limbs melted into the carpet around him, releasing him from the hold. He shook at his arms as he stood. "I'm still cold," he said, as he turned to his Doberman form and shook the water off of himself. Some sprayed on me but it just seeped back into my skin. Eden huffed as she jumped on the couch next to me. "Can you not get me wet? I just had to re brush my fur," she complained as she got comfortable. Tim looked at her. "Blame Ella, she got me wet," he said, as I chuckled. "Said the one who attacked me," I said, as he narrowed his eyes at me, and walked down the hallway again. 

Eden looked at me. "Sorry about Tim. How's your burn," she said, as I showed her. "As long as I'm cold, I heal rather quickly," I explained.  Eden smiled. "Well, that's good. Wouldn't want to keep you wounded," she said, as the door opened and Roen walked into the room. He shut the door and huffed. "Everything ok?" I asked as Roen turned around towards us. "I can't find Aaron. I have no clue where Shiki is hiding him," he said, as he came into the living room. "How's everyone here?" he asked as Eden turned to me. "Max is out of control and Ella got burned, but she seems fine now," she explained. Roen nodded. "Ok. And your brothers?" he asked Eden. She nodded towards the hallway. "With Max last time we checked," she said. Roen sighed. "That's good," he said, as he turned to me. "I ran into Lindo, he wants you home tonight," he said, as I looked at him. "Do you think it'll be safe for me to go home?" I asked as he nodded. "I think it's alright. I'll have you walk one of the boys. They're a lot more useful than Eden," he said, as he started to walk down the hallway. My eyes widened, as Eden sighed. "I'm sorry that I'm small," she said, embarrassed.  I instantly shook my head. "No, it's not your fault. Plus, if it wasn't for Cameron or the committee, I'd be alright," I said, as Eden sighed. "I hate your dad, and your brother," she said, as I chuckled. "At least your not related to them," I said, while Eden sighed.

"Yeah, and I feel bad for you, seeing how you grew up with that jerk," she said, as I turned to her. "I grew up here in the human world. I never knew my family," I explained. Eden looked up at me from her burn. "What?" she asked quietly but shocked. I took a deep breath. "I never grew up with my family. I grew up with humans," I said, but stopped to chuckle. "I didn't know I was a devil until a few years ago," I explained. Eden studied me in shock. "Oh, sorry I didn't," she said, as she winced. I took a deep breath as I waved a hand towards me. "Let me see the burn," I said, as she brought her arm closer to me. I sat up. "It hurts majorly," she explained. I took a deep breath as I studied it. It looked a little bit better, but not much.  I picked up my hand as I layered it in ice, then pressed it on the burn. Eden bit her lip and squinted her eyes to try not to scream. She opened them again as she took a deep breath. "Ella, that hurts," she said as I looked up at her. "I know.  Just bite your lip, it's going down now," I said, as I made my hand a lot colder. She winced as she bent her head down.