Introduction

I was sitting at my desk at the Tachibana residence, typing on my computer. I was doing a research project for my science class, trying to find different plants that were poisonous. I typed some things into the search bar as I looked some more. "Ok" I said, as I clicked on a link. I started to read and take notes. My project was to describe how to find poisons things in the woods and what they looked like. I knew that I went in the woods once with everyone, back when we tried to fight our parents. By our I'm meaning Aaron, Max and I. We were like the three stooges, as Lindo described us as being. Ever since Aaron and Max came into the world, we've been fighting everything and anything. We were helping each other when our parents tried to take over the human world, which was harder than we thought. I scrolled a little bit, as I took some more notes, then went back to do my research. I sighed as I stopped to study my notes again. I huffed in frustration as I held my head, trying not to get to frustrated. A knock came on the door, as Lindo opened up. He was in his mother's apron, holding a plate of something. "You ready for supper?" he asked, as I looked at the computer. "I shouldn't stop working. Still have a lot of work to do" I said, as I looked back at my papers, flipping through my notes. "That's alright. We're aloud to have food in the bedroom" he said, as he walked in and put the plate in a clear spot on the desk. I sighed as I looked at the plate. Chicken, potatoes, gravy and a roll sat on it, in an exact circle. Steam still rose from the plate, as it hit the roof. I sighed as I shut my monitor off and moved the keyboard, making room for the plate. Lindo stayed in the room with me as he spoke. "You working hard?" he asked as I nodded. "It's just science. It's not hard enough to work hard" I said, as he smiled. "But your working harder, right?" he asked as I nodded. "I guess" I said, as I took a bite of the food. I sighed as I looked back at the computer, thinking of anything else to write about. "Homework is hard" I said, as I took another bite of the food. Lindo smiled as he shook his head. "Take a break. The project isn't due this week. You've been working since you came home from school" he said as I sighed. "Alright, I will" I said, as I took another bite of the food.

I looked up as I saw Lindo staring at me. "What?" I asked, as he tilted his head. "Don't kill yourself with your homework. Your dad would probably tell you the same" he said, as I sighed. I looked at my computer, while I thought of my dad. He hasn't been in the human world in a while and when he was, he tried to take it over for my grandfather. I sighed as I nodded, knowing it would've been true. "Yeah, he would've made me by taking my computer. Then have me walk Roen, just to get out of the house" I said, with a sigh. Lindo smiled as he chuckled a bit. "Yeah, that's defiantly something he would do" he said as I ate a little bit. I sighed as I looked out the window in thought. "I wonder what their doing now" I said, more to myself than Lindo. Lindo shifted over as he sighed. "Do you miss your dad?" he asked, as I nodded. "It's confusing. I do miss him, but I know the world is safe now. He said he wanted to protect me, but I fell like there was more to it. It was like he wanted to take over this world, and put it under the Arlond air's control. But I don't know why." I sighed as I took another look at my homework. I sighed as I put the fork down and held my hands in fists.

"But I know one thing. I will never let anyone take over the human world. Not a devil, or a vampire. This world belongs to you humans, and that's it. We shouldn't be getting humans involved" I said, as I started to feel my hatred again. I studied my fists as I watched them shake in anger. I felt like crying just because I was so angry for a moment. I sighed as I felt a hand on my shoulder, as I looked over at Lindo. He looked at me with a sad look on his face. He sighed as he spoke. "Ella, I don't think your dad's going to take over again. He's gone into your world now, and who knows when they'll come back. Plus, if he was going to take over again. Wouldn't they take you, Aaron and Max with them?" he asked, as I looked at him. "That might be a sign. But Aaron and I are focusing on school and who knows where Max ended up. After my dad left with the rest of the committee, Max suddenly disappeared. No one knows what happened to him. Not even Aaron" I said, with a sigh. Lindo nodded as to agree with the statement. "That's probably true. Back when we were hiding in the shelter, it looked like Max was harmless. He looked like he hated his dad" he said, as I nodded.