Chapter 2

I sat at my desk in my next class as I focused on writing.  I wrote my answers on the line as I went to the next question.  It wasn't a test, just homework that we could get started on.  I got frustrated as I erased my answer and started to write again. Why is homework harder this year? A couple of girls in the back started to talk about me and I knew it.  They were my distraction and I was getting annoyed by them now. "Is Ella's dad?" one of the girls said as the other one nodded.  Once again, I had to scratch out an answer and rewrite.  Their voices were haunting in my head as I kept messing up. I dropped my pen as I held my head.  The girls kept talking as I sighed. "Why did her dad not take her when he left? Does he hate her?" the other girl asked the first one. I started to shake as I didn't understand what was going on at the moment. My hands started to get cold as ice started to coat them.  "Ella" a voice said, as I started to shake more dramatically. "Ella" the voice said again, as I heard a familiar voice. Was it dad?  "Ella, snap out of it" the voice said, as I jolted up in shock.  I looked up as I figured out that it was the teacher talking to me.  I studied her as she spoke. "Do you need to step out?"  she asked as I nodded. "Yeah, I think I should. Do you mind?" I asked, as the teacher shook her head. "No. Go right ahead" the teacher said, as I got up and started to walk out. Ritska lifted her hand as she spoke. "May I go with Ella? To make sure she's going to be ok" she asked as the teacher gave her permission. I heard Ritska get up as I started to walk out of the room, still holding my head.  A massive headache was now catching up to me as I sighed.  "Ella" Ritska said as she caught up to me. We walked together far away from the room, as I still felt a headache and the voices that spoke. "Ella, stop and talk to me" Ritska said, as she pulled on my arm.  I lifted my head up from looking at my feet as I looked at her, seeing her study me in fear. "Ella, are you ok?" she asked as I shook my head. "I don't know.  I keep" I said, as I heard the voice in my head again. "Ella" it echoed as I held my head.  Who's voice was this and what did they want?

"Ella" Ritska said as I looked at her. She looked worried as she just studied me.  I sighed as I sat on the hallway floor, my back right against the wall. "Maybe you need to cool off. Come to the bathroom with me and we can talk" she said, as she pulled me up off the floor. I walked with her, as she guided me through the hallway. Every couple of minutes, she looked back at me as she grew worry on her face.  I stopped as I heard the intercom go off as I listened. "Ella Kaginuki to the third library.  Ella Kaginuki to the third library, thank you" it said, as I looked at Ritska. "Why would the school ask you to go to your dad's office?" she asked as I shrugged. "I dunno.  Maybe they returned and didn't tell anyone" I said, as I started to hear the voice again. "Ella" it said, as I held my head again. "Maybe we should take you to the nurse. Your acting weird right now" she said, as I stood back up. "No, I'm fine.  I'm going to the library like I was told" I  said as I turned back to Ritska. "You should get back to class. I'll be fine" I said, as Ritska nodded. "Alright. Just let me know details about what happens" she said, as I nodded. "I will" I said, as I watched her walk away, heading back to class.  I looked down the hallway as I walked to the third library. I took my time, making sure the voice didn't come back.  I thought about it as I spoke. "Could it be you, Dad?" I asked, as I walked down the stairs.  I thought about the fact that it might be my dad. "But can devils do that?" I asked as I sighed.  "Ella. Your family are immortal beings, of course they can do things like that. You just need to relax" I said as I continued to walk down the stairs.  I looked ahead of me as I thought about the voice again. "Could I just be petrified that my dad is going against the rest of us?" I asked, as I heard a whisper in my head.  I couldn't recognize what it said, so I just ignored it.  "Maybe, I'm just going crazy" I said, as I found myself in front of the third library.

I looked at the familiar doors as I sighed. "It's been a very long time since anyone was called to this one" I said, as I opened the door and walked through.  Nothing looked different, it just looked a little more cleaner than last time I came here.  Books were not on the tables due to no one was studying or my dad didn't capture anyone yet.  I turned as I saw little table lamps turned off, the tables and chairs striated out.  I looked to the right as I noticed a window that wasn't there before.  It was a blue stained glass window with what looked like my dad on it. "Hmm, wonder when that was put up" I said, as I looked up at the doors. I studied the doors as I remembered where they went to. "Dad" I said, as I started to walk towards the staircase.  I slowly walked up as I heard the intercom come on outside of the library. "Ella Kaginuki to the third library" it reminded me as I sighed. "Dad must be impatient" I said, as I walked up to the door.  I took a deep breath as I thought of entering those doors.  I sighed as I lifted up a fist and knocked on the door. The air felt silent as I waited for the reply.  I sat there in fear as a familiar voice spoke. "Come in, Ella" it said through the doors as I opened it, seeing the office.