Chapter 10

I was sitting in class with Aaron right next to me. This was the day that I was meeting my brother, which dad just mentioned for the first time. From what Aaron said, I was a little afraid to meet him, which took my attention away from everything.  I studied the teacher as he read from the book in his hand. I didn't really like the book either, so it was a little bit of a good thing that I was spacing out.  I was trying to think of the meeting today and how this brother of mine was really like. I sighed as I looked out the window, studying the trees which brushed passed the window in the breeze. Leaves blew off the branches and fell onto the ground with the breeze. I studied the window as little bits of snow spit out onto the trees, sticking slowly on the branches.  I sighed as I tried to get the topics off my mind, but I just couldn't. I was starting to hear a voice, but I couldn't figure out if it was in my head again or not. "Ella," it said, as I stared out into the winter weather outside.  Even though it was a new day, the school still seemed weird to me.  Maybe I just need to calm down. "Ella" the voice came back with as a hand was brushed on my arm. I looked over at Aaron, seeing him bent down and leaning towards me. He pointed his finger to the teacher, which made me look up at the front. Our teacher was a tall man, with spiky blond hair and red eyes that hid behind rectangular glasses. He was a vampire, who was working for Karlheinz, according to Ritska. He was disguised as a human, who constantly drank fruit punch in class.  But everyone that knew about vampires knew that was blood.  Human blood. Our teacher held his pointer behind his back as he spoke. "Ella. I understand that your having a rough time since your dad was rehired at the school, but please don't make me send you to see him because your not paying attention in class" he said, as I sat up and nodded. "I understand. Sorry" I said, feeling a little down. Our teacher went back to his lesson as he continued to walk around the front of the room. I peeked a glare at Aaron as he looked at me with a worried look on his face.

I sighed as I focused back on the lesson that was taught, trying to ignore the thought of our parents taking over.  Our teacher went to speak as a knock came on the door. "Excuse me" a younger voice spoke as the door opened, revealing a boy in a blue uniform. "You're with the discipline committee, I'm guessing," our teacher said as the boy nodded. "I'm here to escort Ella.  She has a meeting with her dad at this very moment" he explained as our teacher started to shuffle through some papers.  "Ella you're dismissed. I'll put your paper's together and give it to Aaron for you after school" he said, as I stood up. "Thank you very much. And sorry about this" I said, as I started to walk to the servant that was sent for me.  I walked out of the door as I shut it, then turned to the servant.  "I'm guessing the family reunion?" I asked, even though I knew it was true. The servant nodded as he spoke. "Yes. I was sent to retrieve you. Please follow me" he said, as he started to walk down the hall. I sighed as I followed behind him, taking a deep breath. The fear of meeting my brother rushed through me, creeping in my body like the coldness of my ice.  I wondered what power my brother had.  I looked at my hand as I started to slow down, forming my hand into a fist. "He's probably here to help them," I said to myself as the servant spoke. "Ella. Is everything ok?" he asked as I looked up. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just thinking to myself" I said, as I started to follow him more. I kept to my thoughts, as we walked down the hallway again. I kept myself from speaking out loud, due to not wanting to keep them all waiting.

When we reached the third library, the room felt a bit colder as we entered the room. Shifting entered the room as a familiar voice spoke. "You didn't hesitate to come. Told you Shiki" Mage said, which made me look to the right, seeing Mage sitting at a table with a stack of papers. I looked to the left of me, seeing Shiki playing with Roen's fur. "Ella's nothing like your son was. Rem taught her right when she was a kid" he said, as he started to rub the fur. I sighed as I followed the servant more to the office, as Mage stopped me again. "Hey, Ella. Good luck with your brother in there. Hopefully, your brother doesn't scare you that much" he said, as I nodded. "Thank you Mage," I said, as I started to follow the servant up the stares. I tried to keep calm as we got to the top of the stares. The servant turned to me as he spoke. "Here you are. Good luck in there" he said, as he stood off to the side.  I looked at the door as I thought to myself. Both my brother and my dad were just through that door. What if I don't come out?  I took a deep breath as I walked up to the door and knocked.  The knock rang through the hallway, fear rushing through my body within each knock.  I stayed silent as I heard dad's booming voice. "Come in Ella," dad said, as I opened the door and walked through, shutting it behind me.