Chapter 6

I followed Roen all the way through the town. He continued to walk where the welcome sigh was, as he went by it. "Do you mind a little hiking?" Roen asked as I shook my head. "No, I don't, " I said, as I stopped. "This isn't anything that I should refuse, is it? Do I still have your trust?" I asked, knowing that I wasn't moving one bit. Roen turned around as he looked at me. "Yeah. You still have my trust. Ella, do you think that I would put you in danger? I always helped you, had your back when your dad didn't. Do you think I would betray you in an instant?" he asked, as he looked at me with a sad expression on his face. I sighed as I looked down. "No. You teamed up with us when everyone thought you went with my dad. I don't know why I said something so mean like that. I'm sorry, I'll follow you" I said, as I looked at him. The wind blew slightly, bringing a chill across the ground. Roen continued to look at me, then looked past me. "It's still light out and no trace of anyone. Follow me. It's just a little bit longer" he said, as he turned to walk down a trail. I huffed as I continued to follow. I stopped at the top of the cleared woods to find a trail that led down. The trail swerved down like it was climbing down a steep cliff. "Careful. It should turn to steps real soon, which makes it easier" he said, as he started to carefully walk down the pathway. I sighed as I looked at my feet, then started to follow. The leaves crunched beneath my feet, making it a little slippery to walk on. "It must've rained when we were in the house. But I don't remember it" I said, as Roen sighed. "It's very weird. I just found this trail before I came to you. It was dry when I came here last, which wasn't long ago." I looked up a moment, then looked down at my feet. "Roen, could this be work from another devil? If you did find Max, could he have changed powers?" I asked as Roen laughed. "Us devils can't change powers, Ella. Max had powers of water because it's the opposite of lightning. It's like you and your dad. He's fire and your ice" he explained. I looked up at him as I spoke. "So what about Aaron and Shiki?"

Roen looked back as he spoke. "Careful here, it's almost going to flat land. What about Aaron and Shiki?" he asked as I sighed. "It seems that devil children are opposite of their parents, but Shiki and Aaron have the same powers. They both have wings, how is that?" I asked as Roen huffed. "It's always different for different types of devils. With devils like you, your dad and Mage, their children have the opposite powers of their parents. But with fallen angels and Cerberus's, they keep their parent's power. Just that the children are a bit different." I took what Roen just told me, as I thought. I thought about Aaron and how his wings are. When he was working with the committee, his wings had blue tips and mostly black. Now it's bluer. I shook my head as I looked at Roen, seeing him looking at me with a strange look on his face. "What?" he asked as I sighed. "So what's happening with Aaron?" I asked as Roen sighed. "What about Aaron?" he asked as I sighed. "Last time the committee attacked, his wings were mostly black. Now they're mostly blue." Roen sighed as he spoke. "Every fallen angel has a different color scheme. Aaron's wings are colored that way because his dad is pure black and his moms were a pure royal blue. So he has black and blue. His wings changed because he's choosing good over evil. If Aron turned evil again, his wings will be mostly black like before" he explained.

"So was Aaron's mom good?" I asked as Roen nodded. "Aaron's mom never fell as Shiki did. His mom was just a regular angel. She had sky blue wings that looked almost transparent" he said. I thought about what we were talking about. It made me think that I never really remember my mom. "Roen? Did you know my mom?" I asked as Roen looked at me. Roen sighed as he spoke. "Your mom was just like your dad. A powerful devil with the power of water. She could destroy your dad in an instant. But your dad stopped her before she took you away from him." I looked up as we still continued down the hill. I saw where the hill turned into a flat ground and continued. "What happened to her?" I asked as Roen turned to me. Roen sighed as he spoke. "Will you be mad if I told you the truth?" he asked as I shook my head. "If your still honest, I won't," I said, as Roen sighed. "I'm sorry. I had to kill your mom. She was going to kill your dad and I just couldn't let her." I huffed in silence as I looked at the ground. I had a moment of silence, as I thought. "I'm sorry Ella. I just couldn't let her" he said. I shook my head as I looked up. "No. You work for my dad, not my mom. You had the right to protect him. I understand completely" I said, as Roen nodded. "I'm glad you still," he said, but a high pitched growl came from a little shack in the middle of the open area.