Ch 28: Avery's Birthday

Sophia's POV-

I was in a good mood, seriously telling NO. The tension of everything is eating my head. The devils are going to do something bad, that's for sure. Yesterday I won the fight, the anger and sadness of the incident were still there but it's like I have accepted sadness in my life. 

I never thought Nolan to be a spy and what he did yesterday disgusted me. The thing is, Today, I got a little reason to be happy. I am happy because of the NIGHT family.

I had played with Avery for hours. I took her out to the park and treated her with ice cream. I was said to distract Avery for hours so that Drake could set up for Avery's birthday. I laughed and a single tear rolled down my eyes thinking about that incident.

*Flashback*

I went to the apartment to find him hiding and stealing the chocolates. I coughed and look at him, he looked at me and his eyes opened wide.

"I ...ah just t-taking something t-to eat," he said stuttering and I gave him a smirk, he looked at me and shook his head muttering 'no' repeatedly and I wickedly laughed and said 'yes', he started running but crashed with J and hugged him.

"Save me from Sophie, she will eat me," he said dramatically to J and J just laughed.

"Give me Aid or else J," I said with a wicked smile, and J looked scared just like Aid.

Aid looked at me and gave me those puppy dog eyes which J taught him and I couldn't take it.

"Fine, you won," I said to Aid and he gave J a smug look.

"And who wants to eat ice cream?" I asked and both Aid and J started telling 'me'-'me' and I knew they are the most important people in my life.

*Flashback over*

In the evening I would go to the gym without having to look at my father's letter. I knew he would be watching so I trained hard just as he had taught me to. I stayed in the gym for hours, pushing myself harder every time to get the best out of myself. The men in there have turned their frowns into smiles whenever I walked in. I finally earned their respect and made them feel safe and that I was not a danger to them.

who says time heals the pain?

Does time heal the pain?

Drake had texted me today morning which may have been one of the reasons I was in a particularly cheery mood. He said 'Today I want you to distract Avery for some hours and after that, I am excited to see you ;),

It was a simple text yet it held the meaning of wanting to see me again. Now that felt pretty damn amazing and those butterflies didn't let me forget it. I mean, could he possibly have missed me much as I had missed him?

I shook my head.

Yeah right, I thought.

But what about the kiss you shared my inner voice said.

I blushed at the memory of the kiss.

Now I am getting ready for tonight. 

---------

After taking 45 minutes, I  am ready!

I decided to wear white trousers and a peach top with a small bag. I kept my makeup light and tied my heart in a ponytail.

 I kept my makeup light and tied my heart in a ponytail