Jealousy - NR

*Smut warning* (This is my first attempt so apologies in advance!)

Y/N's POV:

No one was even sure why Tony was throwing a party this time, but all of the Avengers were grateful for an opportunity to relax and make the most of the free bar. In the last year that I've been a part of the Avengers I've lost count of the number of parties Tony has thrown on the fly.

There was still an hour to go until the party started and I was still stood in my towel, fresh from the shower, staring at my wardrobe trying to decide what to wear. I hung up the two options and decided to finish my makeup before making my choice.

Just as I was slipping on my dress, there was a knock at the door. I checked my watch and see that it's already 7 o'clock. Opening the door, I see my best friend Wanda stood in a beautiful low cut green dress which fell just below her knee. "Wow, Vision is one lucky microwave" I joked causing Wanda to roll her eyes and hit my arm with her clutch purse. "Ha ha very funny Y/N. Need a hand there?" She responded motioning towards my failed attempt to zip up my dress.

I nodded and she wondered over, placing her purse on my desk, before reaching down to pull the zip up and clipping the top clasp. "Done, you're looking gorgeous Y/N. Nat won't be able to take her eyes off of you." Wanda teased as she straightened out my dress for me and giving me a wink.

Wanda was the only one who knew how I felt about Nat. Every time I was around her, I became a stuttering mess, unable to form words. It felt like she would literally take my breath away. I can't deny that the dress I picked was one I hoped would grab her attention.

"We better get going or Tony is going to be mad at us for being late." I grabbed my bag slipping in my phone and closed my bedroom door whilst offering my arm out to Wanda. We walked down the corridor and into the elevator. "To the party if you will JARVIS." I called out to the building AI. "Of course Miss L/N."

I started to get bit nervous as I watched the floor numbers increase. "Breath Y/N, you look stunning and I know that Nat won't be able to resist you. And if it all goes to pot, well I'm here for you and we'll just get drunk together ok." I squeezed Wanda's hand in thanks and took a deep breath as the doors to the party opened.

Linking arms once again, Wanda and I descended the stairs to join our friends. As we walked down, I saw the teams heads turn towards us, both Bucky and Vision stood holding their hands out to help us down the last few steps. "You are both looking beautiful tonight." Bucky said as he took my hand and nodded towards Wanda.

"Thanks Buck, you scrub up well yourself." I replied scanning the room to find Natasha. As I gazed towards the bar our eyes met before Nat quickly turned away. Hmm, that's strange. I decided to make my way to the bar, I'm going to need some alcohol in me if I'm going to be able to go through with speak with Nat tonight.

Nat's POV:

I heard the elevator ding as the doors opened and as I looked up, I saw Wanda and Y/N exiting linked arm in arm. I stood stuck in my spot as I watched as Y/N glided down the stairs. Her red dress had a low cut showing off her cleavage, the material hugging her body in all her in all the right places accentuating her curves. My mouth has gone dry and I can't tear my eyes away, my mind racing wishing it was me that was holding on to her arm.

As she reached the bottom of the stairs, I saw her searching the room and that's when our eyes met. I quickly turned away to hide the fact I had just gawped at her like a piece of meat. "Hey Nat, you look beautiful tonight" I looked around as I saw Y/N smiling at the bar taking a seat. "Thanks Y/N, you look amazing too. What can I get you?" I ask trying to keep my cool. I can't believe the affect she has on me. When I'm around her, I struggle to think clearly and my whole focus ends up on the sweet woman.