Forgotten Birthday - SJ

Y/n's POV:

I was led in bed, snuggled next to my beautiful girlfriend Scarlett, excited to be turning 30 tomorrow. She had arrived home this morning on a break from filming which perfectly coincided with my birthday weekend. I had no idea what was planned to celebrate. When we spoke about it I told her that I didn't care as long as I got to spend it with her. I had suggested spending the day at the beach as it was a special place to us. But she had told me she had it all under control and it would be a surprise.

I couldn't sleep as I was excited to have her home in my arms. She had been really busy with filming so was pretty exhausted. I was happy being that creep that watches their girlfriend sleep. I was admiring her beauty and taking in every detail of her face. I loved this woman with all my heart and the last 2 years we had been together, were the best 2 years of my life!

I eventually fell asleep myself but was woken up by a phone ringing. In my sleepy state I turn over and feel that Scarlett's side of the bed is empty. As I start to wake up, I check my phone and see that it's 6am. Before I can get out of bed, I hear Scarlett's voice coming from the bathroom before she re-entered our bedroom.

"Sorry babe, I didn't mean to wake you. I'm so sorry, but I've been called in to work. They've had an issue with some of the takes we did last week, and they need us to do the reshoots today or we'll fall too far behind schedule." Scarlett explained whilst starting to get ready.

"Oh, ok. How long do you think you'll be gone for?" I asked, feeling slightly sad that I would get to spend the day with her. "I don't know. But it sounds like it's going to be a long day. But don't worry, I've still got the week off after so we can hang out then." Scarlett responds coming to sit on the bed next to me.

She starts running her hand through my hair smiling down at me. "Go back to sleep and enjoy the day to yourself." She said placing a gentle kiss on my lips before leaving the bedroom. I was too shocked to respond. Was this a joke? Had she forgotten my birthday? I quickly jump out of bed and rush downstairs only to see that she has already gotten in the car and was pulling out of the drive.

I felt a bit deflated, but I know what the job is like. I'm sure she's got plans for dinner and we can spend time together then. I slowly make my way back into bed and lie flat on my back looking at the ceiling. Well, this wasn't how I expected my birthday to go.

I must have fallen back asleep as I'm woken up by my alarm at 9am. I check my phone and I've not had any messages, but I know that Scar will have been busy and she's probably just trying to get everything done so she can get home quicker.

I decide to drop Lizzie a text to see if she is free to hang out instead as I sure as hell am not spending my 30th sitting around my house on my own.

Y/n:
Hey Liz, are you free today? Do you want to hang out?

Lizzie:
Hey Y/n/n! I'm so sorry I've been called into filming today so can't. Hope you find someone to hang out with.

I looked at her response disappointed. I drop a few others a text but most of them were either on set or busy. I was a bit frustrated, not one person from my friend group had messaged me to wish me a happy birthday. At least my own team love me enough to remember.

Whilst sat at the kitchen island I was thinking about what I can do to enjoy my day. I can still have fun even if no one is here to spend it with me. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything that would be fun to do on my own, so I end up throwing on some workout clothes and heading to the gym.

I spend a couple of hours at the gym, and it helps to vent some of the frustration I was feeling. However, it as still only lunch time so I had more time to kill. Once I had gotten back home, I opened my phone to see a text from Scarlett that made my heart drop.