Proud - SJ

Y/n's POV:

The moment that Scarlett agreed to marry me, became the happiest moment of my life. I had proposed on the roof top of our favourite restaurant. The moonlight was perfectly reflecting in her eyes as I asked the most important question I ever have. She responded with a yes before I even managed to finish the full question. She threw herself into my arms and hugged me tighter than ever, before landing the most loving kiss on my lips.

A lot of people think that I met Scarlett through my sister Lizzie, but they're wrong. You see, I'm not in the celebrity world like my sisters. I didn't have a talent like they did for acting or fashion. I knew that it wasn't the life for me. Instead I wanted to join the Army. I wanted to do something good with my life, something my family could be proud of.

Turns out my parents didn't agree. They didn't like the fact that I didn't want to follow in my older sisters' footsteps and before I knew it, I had basically been cut off from them. It broke my heart that they didn't want anything to do with me purely because of my career choice. My sisters stuck by me though. I was really close with Lizzie. I'm only a year younger than her and she's always stuck by me.

It was through my career that I met Scarlett. She attended one of the military balls and we shared a dance. The rest was history. It was a bit of a shock to my sister when I told her that I wanted to introduce her to my new girlfriend, and she was met with her co-worker. But after she got over the initial shock, she was really happy for us.

Scarlett and I's relationship developed quickly, which was a blessing as I was sent for a deployment after being together for only 6 months. It was really hard being away from her, but it only strengthened our relationship, and we were moving in together when I returned.

Everything was going perfectly. Which of course meant that something was bound to go wrong. It started off with the twins. I knew how busy they were with setting up their own clothing line. I was incredibly proud of everything that they had achieved. They both went through so much shit whilst they were growing up that they deserve to have this now.

Because of this, I wasn't surprised with how my time with them slowly started to reduce. Like I say, I was proud of them, and I'd be able to celebrate with them once they launched. That's easier said than done when I didn't get an invite. Even Scarlett got one and she was fuming. But I assured her I was ok with it. They knew I didn't like being in the public eye, so probably thought it was best I didn't go. Would have been nice to have had the choice though.

When things really started to get tough, was when Lizzie started to do the same. After Age of Ultron was released, her career skyrocketed and, as with the twins, our time together got less and less. Again, I couldn't have been more proud of her. She had worked so hard to get to where she was. To see that come to fruition for her was amazing.

I got used to getting the usual response of "Sorry we're busy" when I would ask if they wanted to meet for lunch or dinner to catch up. It was true, they had incredibly high paced jobs and it was difficult to fit into that. I found this hardest when I was up for deployments. I would try to arrange to see them before I'd leave, or whilst I was on R&R, but they never had the time to fit me in. Sometimes, I wondered if they even realised that I was in a warzone for months at a time.

Although I was finding my dwindling relationship with my sisters difficult, Scarlett was able to keep me afloat, and her family had become like my own. When I asked her parents if I could ask Scarlett to marry me, they were both so excited and insisted that I called them both mom and dad. "I know you don't have a relationship with your parents, but we want you to know that we see you as one of our own, and we can't think of anyone better to marry Scarlett." Her mom had told me.