35 | wrapping paper

So I went shopping yesterday and bought the whole After Series and I'm so hyped to read it.

Like I remember getting excited for chapter updates of the first book and I'm so happy for Anna and so excited to read the extended scenes and everything and just ahhhh!

I promise I won't spend all my free time reading, though. Feel free to slap me through the computer if I end up being slow because I'm re-fangirling over Hessa.

Anywhoo enjoy and remember to comment. I love reading them xxx
________________

Probably the most terrifying thing I have ever done is wait.

Wait for sleep. Wait for daylight. Wait for my stalker to come like he promised he would.

And wait for Harry just get here already because I can't wait anymore and my skin is crawling with fear as I sit here.

It's the anticipation, I guess. It's the worst part.

But maybe this is what happened to all of those other victims. Maybe they weren't random. Maybe they were stalked.

And maybe I'm next.

I nearly fall off the edge of my bed when my window flies open with a high pitched squeak.

"You're sitting here in the dark?" It's Harry.

"I thought maybe then my stalker wouldn't know I was in here." I say, a hand on my chest to try and slow my racing heartbeat.

"I thought you were going to stay in the living room with your family until I texted you that I was here," He sets down his bag and settles next to me on the edge of my matress. "We agreed you wouldn't be alone."

"They all went to bed about five minutes ago. I sort of hoped you would already be here but then I just ended up waiting." I shrug.

"And what would have happened if that were him coming in the window just now and not me?" Harry asks, his tone firm and angry. I can tell he's trying hard not to raise his voice. "It wasn't even locked, Mason."

"I thought it was." I defend.

"You need to be more careful, baby." He sighs, holding me against him and kissing my hair.

"I know. I'm sorry." I mumble, feeling the weight of today on my shoulders and closing my eyes from exhaustion.

Suddenly, there's a knock on my bedroom door which causes us both to jump. "Mason?"

"It's just my dad." I whisper.

Glancing at Harry, he looks a bit worried and it takes me a moment to understand why.

"Oh shit. It's my dad." I take his hand and pull him toward my closet. "Just a second, dad."

Harry seems oddly amused as I push him inside until his back touches the hangers. "Look at us rebelious teenagers."

"Hush, you're not even a teenager." I roll my eyes but stretch up on my toes to press a peck to his lips before shutting the closet.

Opening my bedroom door, the hall light is nearly blinding in comparison to my bedroom. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay? I thought I heard voices." My dad asks, clad in his green pajama pants and bunny slippers.

"I just got off the phone." I lie.

"Oh, with who?"

"Umm... Zayn." I mentally slap myself as soon as it comes out. "He was wishing me a Happy Birthday."