16 | Z.

Just in case ya didn't know. Zayn's nickname for Mason is Masie... which is pronounced May-see... (like the store Macy's)

Anywhoo carry on xx...

*-*-*-*

"So I was thinking we could go to a movie tonight. How 'bout it?" Hannah asked as I straightened up my room.

"I can't. I'm having company tonight." I explain as I switch my phone to my other ear.

"Oh, yeah. Your boyfriend, right?" She laughs.

"Ex boyfriend." I correct her.

"Ex boyfriend that's driving through three states just to see you."

"He's stopping by on his way somewhere else. He's probably just looking for a free place to crash, Hannah." My tone comes out harsher than I intended. I sigh. "Sorry, I guess I'm just a little nervous."

"It's okay. I get it. But, don't sell yourself short. You're pretty and smart and if he's staying at your house, he would be an idiot not to at lest try to kiss you."

Her words only make me realize that saying Zayn could crash here was a terrible mistake. "I have to go, Hannah, but I'll let you know what happens."

"You better, girl!" She laughs. "Oh, and you forgot your uniform apron at the cafe after you shift. Do you want me to drop it off?"

"No, it's okay. I'll pick it up tomorrow or something." I shrug before saying goodbye and hanging up.

I fall back on my bed, realizing I need to tell Harry about this. I should have told him a week ago, but it's now or never.

I hold my phone to my ear as it rings and each one leaves me more nervous than the first.

"Hey, baby." Harry says in the beautifuly accented way that he does.

"Hey." I breathe as I sit back up again, running a nervous hand through my hair and glancing out the window toward his house.

There's a moment of silence before Harry speaks up, his tone completely different. "What's wrong?"

"I need to tell you something and I'm not sure you're going to be very happy with me once I do." I admit in a rush before I can rethink the words.

"What is it? You can tell me anything, I promise I won't be mad."

"You shouldn't make promises you can't keep." I stall.

"Just tell me." Harry says.

"My ex boyfriend, Zayn, is coming to town. I'm not really sure why, he said something about passing through on his way somewhere else but..." I sigh. "I told him he could crash here. And, my dad has always loved him so he said that he could..." I trail off.

"When is he coming?" His tone is harsh, yet controlled. As if he's trying very hard not to get mad.

"He'll be here in a few hours." I close my eyes as if it will sheild me from the explosion that I know I just set off on the other end of this phone conversation.

"You are not staying there tonight." His voice is loud and harsh through the line. "Tell them you are staying with a friend. You will stay here with me."

"That would be rude. I can't just--"

"Mason." I can tell that he is trying very hard not to yell at me. "I don't care if you have to climb out your window. You are not staying there."

"Don't you trust me? I'm not going to do anything with him, I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep." He says harshly before hanging up.