10 | baby

*Three Weeks Later*

It is a few weeks into spring and its the first few days we've had near freezing since the change of the season. The coffee shop is busy as ever with people hoping to defrost with a warm beverage.

Just our luck, however, it's also the day that Mike decided last minute not to come in. Also, Natalie is on vacation and Molly is sick, leaving Hannah and I to run around like madwomen.

"Two hot chocolates and a doubble espresso." Hannah says as she grabs the order for the previous table and I also make the order for the young couple in line.

They can't be any older than freshman in high school, but the way the young boy looks at the girl is heartwarmingly beautiful. To find that at such a young age is so uncommon and I'm almost jealous--until I think of Harry.

I still haven't mentioned much to Hannah about him, though as her and I have grown to be close friends I've started to tell her small details.

She seemed surprised when I first told her. The reason I couldn't go with her to the nearest shopping mall one day, was in fact because I was with Harry. She wasn't upset, simply surprised.

I felt somewhat awful for not telling her the whole truth, but in all honesty I hadn't told anyone. Somehow I didn't think that my father--or Carol or Layla or anyone--would understand. They would say it's moving too fast. I have only been here for two months after all.

Zayn had finally called me back and this time I was able to pick up. After a short and awkward conversation we said we could keep in touch, but not much of that has happened since then.

I'm not at all surprised. In fact it would have been out of character for Zayn to upkeep a promise like that, especially after everything that happened between us.

"One chamomile tea and one black coffee." Hannah's next order snaps me out of my thoughts as I continue to work.

By the end of the day, I'm utterly exhausted and I still have to lock up the shop, which means I'll leave later than normal.

The last half hour is a quiet one, as almost no one lingers in the shop and Hannah left early to study for a test for her online coursework or something.

The time finally closes in on eight o'clock and I'm relieved.

When I walk out of the cafe, I find Harry in his normal location. Leaning against the brick of the old building, shadowed in the light of a streetlamp and looking like nothing less than a god.

I take a moment to admire the view but as if he can read my mind, he smirks without glancing toward me. "Like what you see, Kane?"

"Most absolutely, Styles." I say. Smiling and stepping closer.

And then I'm in his arms. Strong and warm despite the chill of the wind. Comforting. Safe.

I shiver.

"Cold?"

"Just a bit." I mumble into his chest.

Harry kisses my hair before releasing me and in one swift motion, slips off his jacket and drapes it over my shoulders.

"But now you'll be cold." I protest, eyeing him in only his a grey sweater with a few buttons at the top. He isn't even wearing a t shirt under it like he sometimes does.

"I'll be fine." He shrugs.

I sigh and slip my arms through the sleeves before reaching up to clasp the few buttons undone on his shirt that showed the peak of his tattoo.

Harry just watches me as I do so. I fumble with the last button under his gaze. He smirks.

"C'mon, you're tired. I can tell." He says before taking my hand and tugging me down the street.