Chapter One - The Wedding

"Do you take this man to be your lawful wedded husband?"

"I do!"

The pastor grinned and said, "You may now kiss the bride,"

The guests cheered as Tyrone and Amy leaned in to share their first matrimonial kiss. A tear fell from my eye in joy as I stared at the beautiful couple.

It was on occasions like these that I always wondered if I would ever find my true soulmate. Will I ever find that one person who would make my heart skip a beat each time he comes around? Will I ever find that one person who would light up my face each time I thought about him? Are soulmates even real?

"Baby?" A voice called softly, breaking me out of my thoughts.

Oh, I had almost forgotten I had a boyfriend.

I turned to my boyfriend, Josh with a sheepish grin, "I'm sorry,"

He smiled sweetly at me, "You zoned out again. You seem to be doing a lot of that lately."

I exhaled deeply as I covered my face with my hands, "I know and I'm sorry,"

"Come on, this is your best friend's wedding and she'd appreciate it if you didn't miss a moment of it," He said softly with a pleading smile.

Oh, he was so cute. I smiled as I looked into his blue eyes. The color of his eyes were the first thing that caught my attention the first time he walked into the café six months ago. It was my first week back at the café. The bulging muscles on his beautiful, chocolate skin was the second feature I noticed that had me drooling subconsciously. He was around six feet, four inches tall and strong-built. He had low cut, black hair that fades at the sides.

His hearty laugh was the third thing that caught my attention which broke me out of my trance. He had caught me staring at him and drooling all over my shirt. I was so embarrassed. The man was undeniably hot.

He asked me out that day. I was a bit hesitant to go out with him as I was still healing from my breakup with Ares. I needed to move on though so I thought 'Why not?'

Our first date was amazing. He brought me to a drive-in-cinema where we watched "No Time To Die". He was everything Ares wasn't. Josh was gentle, sweet and so hilarious. I felt comfortable being around him and I didn't feel like I was walking on eggshells around him. I didn't have to think twice about my choice of words before I opened my mouth. And best of all, he wasn't a mafia boss. He was the CEO of a world famous fashion company. Even though he was very wealthy, he was humble and simple. I liked that about him. On our fourth date in two weeks, I accepted his proposal to be his girlfriend and I hadn't regretted it since.

"Okay," I breathed out and smiled at him.

He grinned as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer, "You're looking even more beautiful in that dress," His thick, Jamaican accent almost made me weak in the knees.

I blushed as I bit my lip shyly, "Really?"

He nodded, "Yeah, and I can't wait to take it off of you when we get home,"

I giggled, "I can't wait either,"

Oh, and did I mention the sex was amazing? Josh was so good at sex it was almost unbelievable. Sure, he wasn't as rough and animal-like as Ares, but he was great. He made love to me. He was gentle and compassionate. There were a few times when he switched it up and fucked me like a beast, but the aftercare he provided was always phenomenal. He almost seemed perfect.

"Would you two get a room, already?!" Maria exclaimed as she stood at the doors of the church with her hands planted on her hips.

I laughed, "You're just jealous,"

"Yeah," Josh added in a playful tone.

"Nuh-uh," She replied, "Come on, everyone already left for the reception,"

I rolled my eyes playfully. Ugh, she can be so dramatic at times, "Okay, bestie, we're coming,"

She released a sigh of relief, "Finally, I almost thought you two were going to strip naked and fuck in the middle of a church,"

My jaw dropped, "You just cursed in church,"

Maria's eyes popped open in realization, "Fuck!"

"You did it again!" Josh chuckled as he led me to the exit.

"Shit, I'm sorry, Jesus," Maria cried.

I almost died of laughter. Her face was so red.

"Let's just go," She sighed.

We made it to the reception in ten minutes. It was held on one of my favorite beaches. There were three large, white tents standing on the sand packed with dancing people. Some people were eating or drinking and others - chatting or dancing. The decorations were in pink and white.

"Do you want to dance?" Josh queried.

I grinned in response, "Do I want to dance? Hell yeah!"

He chuckled and brought me onto the dance floor. Ed Sheeran's perfect was playing and I couldn't help thinking of how perfect Josh almost was.

"You came into my life at the perfect time," I said softly.

He smiled genuinely, "How do you mean?"

"I was so heartbroken and I almost thought I could never be with anyone else. But, here you are, you came into my life and you sweep me off my feet almost every day,"

He pulled my arm from around his neck and placed a chaste kiss on my wrist, "You deserve the world,"

"I don't deserve you or your love,"

His brows furrowed in confusion, "Listen to me, you are worthy. You are worthy of my love and my affection. You're a good woman and don't let that fool named Ares who foolishly and carelessly broke your heart ever make you think twice about that. He didn't deserve you and you didn't deserve the way he treated you. You are with me now. Let him go. I will never hurt you especially in the way that he did,"

You see what I meant? He was perfect. Almost.

I smiled sweetly as I almost melted in his arms. His eyes were bright and sincere and I knew he meant every word.

I pressed my lips on his as my eyes fluttered closed. In that moment, I forgot all about my past, toxic relationship with Ares and focused on the sweetest man I'd ever met.