Chapter Seven - Regrets of the past

The sunlight streamed through the windows which awakened me. My eyes fluttered open and I immediately groaned when I realized my head was pounding. God, how much did I drink?

I sat up in bed and glanced around, my palm pressed upon my forehead. 

My brows furrowed in confusion when I noticed I was not in my room at home. Frantically, I looked around the room. Then, my mouth dropped when the realization settled in. 

I've been here before. I know this room. This is Ares' room. I am in Ares' room. I am in his bed, in his room, in his house. 

Fuck. 

Frantically, I dashed out of the bed and noticed I was butt naked. 

"Fuck, no!" I screamed, "Shit!"

The events of last night came rushing into my memory and my eyes popped open in shock and realization. Ares fucked me last night...and I...I cheated on Josh.

Oh, no. This cannot be happening again. Not again!

The door opened and Ares entered carrying a tray of food.

"Good morning, sunshine," He beamed with a wide grin. 

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I bellowed. 

His face twisted into a look of confusion and he rushed to set the tray of food on the bed. He swiftly approached me and asked, "What are you talking about? Is something wrong?"

Aggressively, I pushed him away and yelled, "Of course something is wrong. I cheated on Josh last night with you. How come every time I have a man in my life, you come and ruin everything?"

"Baby, what do you mean?"

"Don't you see what's going on? Because of you, I cheated on Carter and now you made me cheat on Josh,"

"That is not my fault. You wanted me too. Why are you blaming me? I didn't force you into anything," He reasoned. 

I scoffed, "You didn't force me into anything? Have you somehow forgotten that you forced me to be your submissive?"

He shrugged, "I manipulated you into being my submissive, but if you didn't agree, I wouldn't have forced you. I would never take advantage of you without your permission,"

"It doesn't matter how you put it, Ares. You would've killed me if I didn't accept your stupid proposal!" I screamed as I madly slipped into my jeans. 

"Do you really think I'm that cruel?"

I stopped and glared at him, "Of course you are. You threatened to kill me and everyone I love if I didn't agree to be your fucking sex slave! So, yes, you are cruel,"

Ares' jaw clenched in rising anger. I could tell I was beginning to get on his nerves but I didn't care. I was finally letting him know how I feel and how wrong he is. 

"Can you just stop for a second? I was never going to kill you. I only threatened you because I didn't want you to go running to the police. I manipulated you into making you believe I would kill you if you didn't be my submissive. I don't kill women, okay?!" He said. 

I smirked devilishly, "Oh, really? Then, who killed Arielle?"

I watched his face fall and his shoulders drop. An emotion of undeniable hurt and regret flashed through his eyes...and in that moment, I knew I fucked up. I went too far. 

His gaze dropped to the floor as he hung his head and slowly walked out of the room. 

I face-palmed myself and muttered, "Fuck,"

I released a sigh as I continued to get dressed. Oh, how I wished I could take back what I just said. I knew how he felt about what happened with Arielle and like a mother-fucker, I threw it back into his face. What is wrong with me?

I glanced at the tray of food lying on the bed that he had brought for me and smiled sadly. He brought me breakfast and I called him a woman-killer. He must've really changed. He never brought me breakfast before. Also, he has never kept his cool like that before. There were many times in the past when I'd pushed him too far and he almost killed me; like that time I called him a pussy and urged him to take my life. I had made him angry so many times before and he would be so mad that I'd believe that would be my last day on earth. But, I could tell he wanted to change and even though I was not testing him a while ago, he kept his cool and allowed me to vent. 

And then, I fucked up. 

With a deep breath, I left his room and stumbled into a person. 

Upon realizing who it was, my heart filled with joy, "Phoebe?"

Her lips curled up into a wide grin as she pulled me into her arms, "Kathrina, oh my God!"

She rocked me in her arms as we shared a comfortable hug. I hadn't seen her since I left Ares three years ago. Each time I came here, she was away. 

"It's been so long," I said. 

She pulled away and nodded in agreement, "Tell me about it. How have you been though?"

I shrugged casually, "Well, I'm fine,"

"And Adrian?" She inquired. 

"He's good too,"

"That's wonderful,"

We spent the next ten minutes catching up before I left. Throughout that time, I didn't glimpse Ares and I was a bit worried. 

When I arrived home, Josh was asleep in bed. Quietly, I tiptoed to the bathroom, but, then, I heard a tired groan, 

"Babe?"

Shit. 

Gritting my teeth nervously, I turned around slowly, forcing a smile, "Hi, baby, I didn't mean to wake you,"

He squeezed his eyes closed repeatedly, trying to wake himself up fully, "That's okay,"

Reaching over, he grabbed his iPhone off of the bedside table and glanced at it, "It's ten in the morning, are you just coming back from the club?"

Shit. 

"Um, um, no, I...uh, I was so drunk that I ended up at Maria's house,"

"Too drunk to call?" He questioned, with a concerned look. 

I nodded stiffly, "Yeah, I'm sorry,"

He nodded and said, "It's cool,"

"Okay, I'm gonna take a shower,"

"Alright," 

Fuck...that was so close. 

What the hell am I going to do now?