Chapter Two - Temptations

I released a deep sigh before knocking on his door. I glanced down at Adrian standing at my feet with a nervous smile. He was almost three years old and he was my bundle of joy. The only thing I'd kill for just to ensure he was alright. 

Even though Ares and I were no longer together, he was an amazing father and he was there for his son every step of the way. I couldn't have asked for a better father.

The door opened revealing a topless Ares. I rolled my eyes at him even though he looked sexy. 

"Couldn't you put a shirt on before answering the door?"  I scoffed. 

He smirked knowingly, "Why should I?"

I shook my head and pushed him aside as I stepped into his house. 

Ronny was seated on the sofa in the living room, holding a bowl of popcorn and watching the TV. 

I grinned at him, "Hey, Ron. Long time no see,"

He smiled, "I know. I was in Mexico for a while. It's good to see you though," His gaze landed on Adrian and his eyes lit up in joy, "Is that my little AJ?"

AJ was Ronny's nickname for Adrian. He always said his name was too long so he shortened it. I liked it too. 

Ronny turned the TV off and walked towards us. He pecked me on the cheek before taking Adrian's arm, "Come on, little guy, it's gonna be me and you today,"

I laughed as he took Adrian away. 

"Bye, mommy!" Adrian's small voice called. 

I blew him a kiss as I answered, "Bye, baby,"

It was so sweet seeing Ronny with Adrian. Three years ago, I never thought I'd see him so gentle and compassionate. 

"I wish you still called me baby," Ares muttered. 

I stared at him, "I have to go to work,"

I began to walk to the front door when he grabbed my hand and pulled me back. I gasped in surprise as my body turned and crushed into him.

I hit his chest with my tiny fist as I yelled, "Are you crazy?! I could've fallen!"

"I would catch you before you fall and yes, I'm crazy. I'm crazily in love with you."

I looked up at him as I stared into his green eyes. The eyes I used to love looking into. 

"Ares, you can't be in love with me," I whispered. 

"Why not?"

"Because...because we are not together anymore. I've moved on. There's no way you're in love with me,"

"Are you listening to yourself? Did you hear the bullshit that just came out of your mouth?"

My eyes furrowed in confusion, "Excuse me?"

"You don't have to be with someone to be in love with them. I've been in love with you since the first day I asked you to be my submissive. I've always been in love with you,"

My eyes widened in shock, "You can't be serious, Ares. You are lying. You've treated me like shit since the first night I met you. You knocked me out with a fucking gun!" 

He exhaled deeply, his fresh breath fanning my face, "I knew love no other way, Kat. I was raised to be a killer. My parents never told me they loved me nor did I ever hear they said it to each other. I'm not trying to make excuses. I only ask that you try to understand me and forgive me,"

"I understand you had a past that no growing boy should ever have to experience, and I forgave you a long time ago. But...We just can't be together. You and I are from different worlds. I worry everyday that our son might get killed by one of your enemies but you are his father and I can't take that away from you. But that is as far as this will go. I don't want to fear for my life too,"

He sighed, "You know I am capable of protecting you and my son,"

I shook my head, "Ares, it doesn't matter,"

He held my hands in his and looked at me with pleading eyes. I didn't even notice how close we were standing next to each other. Our bodies were almost touching and it made me nervous. 

"Please," He begged and I almost melted right there. 

My eyes landed on his chest and I stared like a salivating dog. 

Ares stared at me and I swallowed nervously. My eyes trailed over his naked, muscular body as memories of our times together flooded my memory.

"Look me in the eye and tell me you don't miss this. Tell me that you don't miss me?"

I gulped, "Ares..."

"You know you still love me and you still want me,"

"I don't love you anymore. I've moved on and you should too," I whispered unconfidently.

"Lies!" He bellowed, making me jump in freight, "You're lying. You know you still want me. Josh doesn't fuck you as good as I used to. You still crave me,"

Nervously, I looked into his dark, sinister eyes. Somehow, I couldn't answer and tell him that he was wrong but my mouth couldn't open.

I sighed and picked up my bag before walking through the front door without uttering another word.

What did I want?