Chapter Six - Giving in

For the past week, I'd been successful in avoiding Ares. I didn't want to see him anymore because each time I was around him, he'd try to convince me to be with him. I didn't want to give my relationship with Josh a second thought. I knew he was the one for me, and I didn't want Ares to destroy what we had. 

It was twelve a.m. on a Saturday night and Maria, Amy and I were out clubbing. The club was enormous yet packed with dancing people. We danced to the loud, booming music playing in the club and drank as many shots as we wanted. Even though, I wasn't drunk, I felt light and free. I had just enough alcohol in my system to make me feel like I was on cloud nine. 

It had been a few years since I'd been to a club and I had almost forgotten what it was like to drink and party. 

Growing up, my parents never really allowed me to go to parties. They always believed I might get drugged, kidnapped, raped and killed. 

The first time I went to a club was on my eighteenth birthday. I was spending the night at Carter's house and we snuck out when his parents were asleep. 

The other times I went to a club or a party was with friends or Maria. 

I grinded by backside on Amy to the sound of The take by Tory Lanez.

Amy placed her hands on my hips as she moved along with me. Soon, I felt something hard and stiff poking my ass and my brows furrowed in confusion. 

Slowly, I turned around to look at her, but, instead, I looked into a pair of green eyes. 

I gasped in shock as I stepped back, "Ares? What are you doing here?"

So much for trying to avoid him...

He shrugged, "Clubbing, just like you,"

I swallowed nervously, "Why would you sneak up on me like that?"

"I didn't sneak up on you. I recognized you from across the room and I came over to say hello but, then you just started to dance,"

"Because I thought you were Amy. We were dancing together. Where is she anyway?!" I yelled, glancing around the club for the goofy, pink-haired woman. 

I glimpsed her at the bar smirking at me and I glared at her and dashed her the middle finger. I heard Ares chuckle and I turned to look at him, folding my arms across my chest, "What's so funny?"

"You,"

I rolled my eyes at him, "Whatever,"

"Dance with me," He said. 

I cocked a brow, "I can't do that,"

"Why not?"

"Because I am not supposed to be here dancing with you or any other men. I respect my relationship,"

He released a harsh breath and said, "Come on, I won't try anything. It's just an innocent dance. It won't hurt anybody,"

I stared at him in thought. I guess one dance wouldn't hurt. I knew he could be pretty persistent so I caved in and said, "Fine,"

He smirked at me and came a little closer.

He started to move to the music and I stood there like a statue with my arms folded across my chest. 

"You've always been so stubborn," He commented, "Come on, Kat. Loosen up. Have some fun. Your friends are dancing too and having fun,"

I glanced over at Maria and Amy who were dancing and laughing. I was the only one not having fun anymore.  I sighed and muttered, "Fine,"