Chapter Eleven - Save me

A week had passed since I moved out of Josh's house. He didn't call nor text. I hadn't seen him since the day he caught Ares and I. I can't say I blame him. What I did was very selfish and I knew he must've been heartbroken. Imagine walking in on the one you love dearly with another man.

I had expected him to react differently, maybe a little more angry. It pegged me that I didn't know how he truly felt and I could only assume what he was feeling . Putting myself in his shoes, I knew he was heartbroken. 

Ares helped me to forget about Josh for the past few days. He showered me with so much love and affection that I almost couldn't believe this was the same man whom I had hated three years ago. He had really changed and for a split second, I almost didn't regret cheating on Carter or Josh. I thought I'd miss Josh. Surprisingly, I didn't. I was beginning to wonder if I even liked him at all. Maybe I liked the idea of being with him because he was sweet and treated me like a queen.

Living in Ares' house brought back so many vivid memories, both positive and negative ones. As I laid in bed, I recalled the day I sneaked into his bedroom and found his room of weapons. My body shivered slightly when I remembered how frightened and scared I was when he caught me. I seriously thought that'd be my last day on earth. Then, he led me to his playroom which made me realize he was a sadist. 

Back then, I used to shudder at the thought of being with him, but, now, I was crazily in love with this dangerous hunk and he loved me even more. A man I didn't believe was capable of genuine love had fallen in love with me and I couldn't think of a better fairytale.

As I thought of him, I drifted away into a deep sleep. 

I was later awakened by a sudden pressure on my eyes and mouth. I tried to force my eyes open but they wouldn't budge as what felt like a hand squeezed my eyes shut. My heart began to race as I wondered what was happening. I tried to scream but another hand forced my mouth shut. 

Oh, God. What is happening?

I began to squirm when I heard a 'sshh'. That did not calm me down at all as I started to panic in deep fear. The hand was removed from my mouth but before I could scream, the hand came back down over my mouth and nose and I inhaled a strong scent. In a few seconds, my body went limp and I almost felt paralyzed. I could not move. I could feel my brain shutting down as I fell into a pit of darkness. 

****

My eyes slowly fluttered open and I was immediately greeted with a pounding headache. I groaned in pain as I forced my sore eyes to open. As my vision brightened, I noticed I was in an unfamiliar room. The room was big and empty and the walls were dull and grey. I glanced down at my body and noticed I was sitting on a chair but my feet were bounded together by a rope. My eyes widened in panic as I tried to move my arms but they were also tied behind my back. I tried to free my hands and legs desperately when I heard a deep, familiar voice. 

"Don't bother. You will only hurt yourself,"

I looked up in a whiplash and glanced around erratically for the source until my eyes landed on someone I never expected standing in a corner, watching me with an empty look in his eyes. 

"Ronny?"

He stared at me. My heart skipped a beat in shock as my mouth dropped open in confusion. Did he kidnap me?

Suddenly, the only door in the room squeaked open and a tall, young man walked in. He looked about my age. He had short, purple-dyed hair, dark brown eyes and pale skin. He wore black jeans and a black shirt with a pair of Timberland boots. He smirked at me as he walked further into the room and stopped a few feet away from me. I swallowed nervously as I wondered who he was. My eyes glanced at Ronny who was now looking everywhere but at me.