Chapter Five - Loving Josh

"I kissed him,"

Maria's eyes popped open in surprise, "What?"

I covered my face in embarrassment as I nodded my head, "Yeah, I shouldn't have done that,"

It was Sunday and the café was closed. I couldn't stop thinking about the events that occurred between Ares and I three days ago. I couldn't stop thinking about what we did and how he made me feel. I was confused. I needed someone to talk to so I went to Maria's house to vent.

"So did you fuck him?" She questioned, excitement dancing in her eyes. She was lying on her bed on her tummy, her palms pressed against her cheeks like an adorable child.

I rolled my eyes at her. She always wished for me and Ares to get back together. Everyone did.

"No, Adrian came in and I pushed him away,"

"Damn, that's gonna scar Adrian for life," Maria laughed.

I scoffed in disagreement, "Of course not. He is only two years old. He didn't understand what he saw."

Maria shrugged, "Hey, I'm just joking. Anyway, what are you going to do now?"

I sighed tiredly, "I don't know. I've been giving this a lot of thought. I really like Josh and I feel safe with him,"

"And how do you feel about Ares?"

I swallowed. "I...I love him,"

"So why don't you be with who you love, Kat? Why are you doing this to yourself?"

"It's not that easy," I muttered.

"You make it seem so hard. All you have to do is be with the one you love. You love Ares and we both know he loves you too,"

"Yeah, but I don't even know if he's capable of treating me right. When we were together, I was so afraid of him at first. Sometimes, I think I'm still scared of him a little. He used to say hurtful things to me a lot and sometimes he'd make me feel unwanted. Other times, he made me feel used, like I didn't matter to him. He barely complimented me or showed me enough attention."

Plus...he was a dangerous man, but Maria didn't know that. I still hadn't told her the truth about who Ares really was.

"I think he's changed. I've seen the way he looks at you. He's in love with you and he wants to be with you. I want what's best for you. I want you to be happy,"

I forced a smile, "But, I am happy. I am happy with Josh,"

Truly, I was happy with Josh. He made me feel like the only girl in the world.

"But you could be happier with Ares,"

I stared in deep thought at Maria. Maybe she was right, but I couldn't hurt Josh. He would never be the same again.

****************

That evening when I arrived home, there was a pleasant surprise awaiting me. When I closed the front door, there was a trail of petals of flowers leading into the dining room. My stomach was filled with butterflies as a wide grin etched across my face. I followed the trail until I reached inside the dining room where Josh was seated around the dining table wearing a gorgeous smile on his pouty lips.

I stared at the table in awe when I noticed he had cooked dinner. There were different dishes laid out on the table along with lit candles and wine.

"Hey, baby," He greeted as he stood up to approach me.

My eyes welled up with tears in happiness,

"No man has ever done this for me,"

He chuckled, "As you should already know, I'm different baby and I love to show you how much I appreciate you."

I smiled at him through my tears. He was really the best. Ares would never do something like this, and in that moment, I knew who I wanted. I wanted Josh.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and placed a kiss on his lips, "Thank you for coming into my life and making me happier than I'd ever been before,"

"My pleasure, baby. You're everything I want. You are my light in this cruel and dim world. I just love you so much,"

I stared into his sincere eyes and I knew he meant every word and that made me feel even worst for making out with Ares.

But...I couldn't tell him what I'd done. That would not only ruin this perfect night but I'd also ruin his heart. He was a good man. I was an idiot.

"Let's sit and have dinner," He urged, gently tugging me to the table.

I giggled as I allowed him to pull me like an excited child.

"Did you cook all this?"

He nodded with a bright smile, "Of course I did,"

I'd always known Josh to be a great cook. He knew how to prepare almost every meal that existed. His mother was Jamaican and he father was Italian and they both taught him how to cook since he was eight years old.

Strike another one against Ares - He didn't know how to cook.

Shit...why am I here comparing Ares and Josh? This needs to stop.

I released a deep sigh as I decided to focus on the wonderful man in front of me.

"Are you okay, babe?" He inquired.

I smiled sweetly as I answered, "Yeah, hon. Just a bit tired, I guess,"

He nodded in understanding, "Yeah, I can imagine. Let's eat up and head to bed, yeah?"

After dinner, I had a quick bath and joined him in bed.

I got between his legs with a smirk, "You know, I haven't thanked you enough for tonight,"

He grinned sheepishly as he looked looked at me, "Well, how would you like to thank me?"

Playfully, I shrugged while biting my lips seductively, "I don't know, maybe you'll like this,"

And, with that, I pulled his shaft out of his boxers and pushed it inside my mouth.

That night, we made sweet love and in that moment, I knew we were meant to be together.