29: reality isn't real

VOTE AND COMMENT :))))
So...who's the hotter couple? 😏

Jess

As soon as I saw that man holding a Starbucks coffee cup at the top of the escalators, I was a goner. I sprinted as fast as my legs could take me before I snatched that cup out of his hands, completely forgetting about who was holding it. I needed coffee more than air right now.

Nick gave a deep chuckle as he watched me practically inhale the whole thing. "Wow, nice to see you, too."

I pulled him into a huge hug. "Thanks for the coffee, Nicky."

"Nicky?" He grimaced. He slung an arm around my waist and we both stepped onto the escalator. At the bottom, I spotted Robbie and Sal chatting with someone else.

"What, do I get to call you Jessy now?" He teased.

I nudge him and he laughs again.

"Oh, wait. That's Harry's thing, huh?" He puts on a flirty smile that makes me want to slap him upside the head.

"Oh, are you jealous?"

He winked at me. "Totally, babe."

"Hey, long time, no see, Jess!" The man who Robbie and Sal were speaking with turned around to be, a now short haired, Danny Rivers.

"Danny!" I gave him a hug and he returned it.

"I missed ya. Ready to get back into tour stuff?" He asked. Danny was another one of my security, but he just comes when it's tour time since he has newborn child.

I give a proud nod and Nick's arm went back around my waist, as mine went around his torso. The five of us went through the airport, stopping to take pictures with fans every so often. Nick would call me "babe" or "honey" every time he'd call for me. It was a simple, but impactful change. I could tell by the fans' reactions that they really ate it up.

As soon as the sliding doors opened to the outside of Los Angeles, paparazzi were there and worse than ever. Nick had his arm wrapped around me tightly as I tried to lean into him. The SUV doors opened for us and we climbed inside quickly.

We both let out a breath in sync, leading us to crack up afterwards. I noticed that Jane was in the front seat.

"Hi, Jane," I say in a not-so-confident voice. I still wasn't sure what terms we were on.

"Hey, honey. Hi, Nick. You both ready to head to the offices?" She asked.

Fuck. She never told me about any meeting. I was not prepared to get yelled at by old men who thought they could control my actions and my life.

I didn't respond, but Nick did for me, with a "yes". I glanced at him to see he had a frown on his face similar to one I had.

As we made the drive to management, all my thoughts were on Harry, and how much I just wanted to be with him right now. I suddenly missed Washington so much more. I took my phone out and sent him a text.

Harold

»Hey, bud.

Bud? Thought I was your boyfriend :(

My heart races at the mention of him being my boyfriend. It was so surreal. Harry was my boyfriend. Woah.

»You are, dummy.

You're mean to your boyfriend. #sad

"Nick, take a picture with me," I say out of the blue to him.

He looked up from his phone. "Why?" He laughs.

"I'm sending it to someone."

He leans in and I snap a quick selfie of us smiling before sending it straight to Harry.