5: happy days

Someone be the first to comment and vote! :)

Jessica

"Everybody, sing it!"

I point the microphone towards the massive audience of about 6,000. The band stopped playing.

"You got that long hair, slicked back, white tee shirt," they sang back.

"And I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt."

It's unbelievable how fast they've picked up on the lyrics. I smiled hard and blew kisses to the crowd.

"Take me home, just take me home. Just take me home," I sang the note for as long as I could and the crowd went nuts. The band starts up again.

"Oh, you got that James Dean daydream look in your eyes, and I got that red lip classic thing that you like, and when we go crashing down, we come back every time."

"Cause we never go out of style, we never go out of style!"

Streamers shot into the air and I did an ending bow while the crowd went berserk again.

A man from the news team comes on stage. "Jessica Steele everyone!"

"Thank you guys so much for coming out! I love you all dearly," I tell them. Two stools appeared on the edge of the platform and the guys disappeared backstage.

"Now, Jessica..." The man started as I took a seat beside him. "That was your new single, Style, from your new album, 11:59, yes?"

"Yup!" I looked across the audience and read several of the posters.

"Tell us how you've come to write all these songs on the album."

"Well, from the past year, I've had tons of inspiration from everyone around me. And '11:59' just gives a message that there's still time for everything and that the day, or night, isn't over."

"Jessica!" Someone from the crowd shouted. I smiled and waved in their area.

"You've had a massive turn out today, haven't you!"

Screams and shouts were returned from the crowd and I wanted to cry. How did I ever get here?

"I can't believe it myself."

I'm given one final salute before I am rushed back off stage to change. The dancers and band all give me a hug, telling me how great I did. We were all huddled behind the stage, getting de'mic'ed.

"Aw, thanks. I still couldn't have done it without you all." I used James' shoulder to steady myself as I take off my heels. I hadn't seen Harry, Caroline, Robbie, Jane, or Meredith anywhere yet, but I assume they're somewhere around here.

"Where's Robbie?" James asked, coming from behind me. I shrug and look over his shoulder, still seeing no sign of him.

"Not sure."

"I'll walk you to your trailer," he offered, holding out his arm. I gratefully took it. James was very tall, 6'1" maybe, and had blonde hair a beautiful hazel eyes. They didn't seem to outdo Harry's, though. James was probably the person I was closest to, behind Harold, of course.

"Did I mention how incredible you did?" James flattered. I roll my eyes and look down. "Yeah, you did, and thank you very much. You did amazing as well."

James moved his arm to my waist and I suddenly became a bit uncomfortable. I suppose it was because there were a lot of fans behind barricades that were screaming.

"James, I'm going to go over there real quick," I said and began walking to the fans. His hand snapped out and grabbed my arm, pulling me back.

"You should wait for Robbie," he said, eyebrows furrowed.